ContextMenu

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. N Mackay
    N Mackay avatar
    228 posts

Posted 20 Nov 2015 Link to this post

Hi, 

Does RadListView support ContextMenu and if so do you have any XAML samples?

I tried adding one like you would in the vanilla Listview but nothing happened (compiled and ran okay), ideally you'd want to activate it on long press. No a big problem if it's not supported but I'd like to clarify it.

Thanks,

Norman.

2. Answer
    Rosy Topchiyska
    Admin
    Rosy Topchiyska avatar
    551 posts

Posted 24 Nov 2015 Link to this post

Hello Norman,

Thank you for writing.

The list view does not support context menu out of the box, but if you are ok to use DisplayActionSheet instead, this could be achieved, although some customizations are required. I have attached a sample project that demonstrates how this could be done. Please, note that on iOS the long press event is not triggered if the selection gesture is tap, so at the moment it is not possible to use both selection with tap and display the context menu with hold gesture. Please, take a look at the sample and let us know if this could work for you.

I look forward to your reply. 

Regards,
    Rosy Topchiyska
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. N Mackay
    N Mackay avatar
    228 posts

Posted 25 Nov 2015 in reply to Rosy Topchiyska Link to this post

Hi Rosy,

Thanks for preparing that sample, it's very useful.

I think for now we'll just do without it it, it would be nice maybe in a future release if it was supported with LongPress on all supported platforms but it's not worth doing at the moment as ActionSheet (like a lot of things in Forms) is a pain to style on Android.

If you have somewhere to add suggestions then I'll add it as a nice to have.

Thanks again,

Norman.

5. Rosy Topchiyska
    Admin
    Rosy Topchiyska avatar
    551 posts

Posted 30 Nov 2015 Link to this post

Hello Norman,

You can use our ideas and feedback portal to log suggestions.

Regards,
    Rosy Topchiyska
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
DevCraft banner