This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Configure Sharepoint 2010 web application for telerik controls.

3 Answers 171 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Velkumar
Top achievements
Rank 2
Velkumar asked on 24 Nov 2011, 05:42 AM
Hi,

Now  I am using sharepoint 2010 for my project. I want to configure a web application for using telerik controls. What are the steps i have to follow to configure the web application.

Thanks.
Velkumar

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 24 Nov 2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Velkumar,

Please, see the following article on the subject: Installing RadEditor & RadGrid Web Parts on SharePoint 2010. This installation will automatically add Telerik.Web.UI.dll to the GAC and the web.config file entries which are needed to use RadControls in SharePoint 2010.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Feb 2012, 07:41 PM
The RadControlsSP.wsp does not put the fully qualified name of the class in the handler section, why?
Without the fully qualified name, the Telerik controls break (DLLs are in the GAC). And manually editing the web.config files is not a solution, since any future web config entry modifications will result in duplicate Telerik tags getting created.
How do you get past this problem?
  <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd_*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2011.3.1305.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" preCondition="integratedMode" />
  <add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd_*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="integratedMode" />
</handlers>
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2012, 02:33 PM
Hi,

This is by design and you should not modify the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler and manually write its fully qualified name in the web.config file. The handler will work even without a fully qualified name, because it will be loaded by any existing Telerik control on the page.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Velkumar
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1