This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Can't cache tabs with 2015.3.1111

5 Answers 89 Views
TabStrip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michal asked on 04 Aug 2017, 10:13 AM

Hi support team. 

We are developing an offline application with use of angular 1.6 & kendo ui & jQuery 3.1.1.
We've tried to update a kendo to newest version, but we've hit issue #3446 so we've decided to use latest version, that handles dropdowns correctly - 2015.3.1111. 

I have a following tabstrip control:

1.<div id="tabstrip1" class="tabstrips" kendo-tab-strip k-on-activate="onTabActivate(kendoEvent)" k-content-urls="[ 'NGViews/First.html', 'NGViews/Second.html', 'NGViews/Third.html' ]" k-animation="{open:{effects:false}}" ng-show="contentDisplay">
2.<ul>
3.  <li id="firstTab" class="k-state-active" ng-click="doSmth(0)" >First</li>
4.  <li id="secondTab" ng-click="doSmth(1)" >Second</li>
5.  <li id="thirdTab" ng-click="doSmth(2)" >Third</li>
6.</ul>
7.</div>

When I use Kendo.Ui ver v2014.2.903 Ajax calls from TabStrip looks like that: ".../NGViews/First.html", but when I switch to 2015.3.1111 they starts looking like this: "....NGViews/First.html?_=1501840674365 - this number at the end is increased with every call. So caching mechanism can't read page from cache.

According to documentation this can be overrided in 2017 releases.

Do you know a way to bypass this problem in 2015.3.1111? For us it is critical issue.

I've tried to make $.ajaxSetup({ 'cache': true }); just after referencing jQuery, but it gave me nothing.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Joana
Telerik team
answered on 07 Aug 2017, 02:07 PM
Hi Michal,

In R1 2017 Kendo UI release, we added several enhancements in our TabStrip widget including cache configuration for the tabs. You could test the behavior here in this dojo: http://dojo.telerik.com/aHOvAh. You could have a look at this article too, which explains in details the configuration: http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/tabstrip#configuration-contentUrls

Could you please test with latest version of Kendo UI and see if everything works as expected?

Regards,
Joana
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2017, 05:18 AM

Hi Joana,
as I wrote in the original post - we can't use 2017 Q1 version, as we hit issue #3446

Regards
Michal

Joana
Telerik team
answered on 10 Aug 2017, 04:40 AM
Hello Michal,

I raised the priority of the issue #3446 and it's currently in Testing stage. If it successfully passes the testing process, the fix will be available in our Latest Internal Build. I will write you back once the issue is fixed and when to expect the fix.

Regards,
Joana
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2018, 01:43 PM
Hey Joana - any news?
Joana
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2018, 09:32 AM
Hello Michal,

Please accept my apologies for not replying earlier in this thread.

We updated the issue with the respective milestone (release) where the bug fix will be included. It was fixed in 2017.3.913 version of Kendo UI. Our latest version is 2018.1.221 - could you please verify if it is working as expected?

https://github.com/telerik/kendo-ui-core/issues/3446

Regards,
Joana
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
TabStrip
Asked by
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Joana
Telerik team
Michal
Top achievements
Rank 1