This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Build errors with RadControls_for_Silverlight4_2011_3_1220_Dev.msi

2 Answers 159 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nicole
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nicole asked on 07 Feb 2012, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

I've already searched some threads, and found people with problems similar to mine, but not exactly.

I have the problem, that a project can be compiled on 3 engineer engines without any errors, but the build server gets errors. On my own machine, there were the same errors until yesterday, but since a source code update, everything works fine (but nobody did any changes here, so I don't really know WHY it hadn't worked before). We all use VS2010 with RadControls_for_Silverlight4_2011_3_1220_Dev.msi
Now - same problem on build server. It tells me it could not find type or namespace name 'RadDateTimePicker', 'RadButton', 'RadGridView' and others. But the software installed is completely the same as on my machine.
And I searched for the dlls, they really are present. I don't really know what else to do ... any thoughts?

Log excerpt:
obj\Debug\Templates\MessageDateFilter.g.cs(40,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadDateTimePicker' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Templates\MessageDateFilter.g.cs(42,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadDateTimePicker' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Clearing.g.cs(42,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Config.g.cs(40,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadGridView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Config.g.cs(44,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(40,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadToggleButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(42,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadToggleButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(44,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadGridView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(48,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GridViewSelectColumn' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(50,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(52,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(54,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\Messages.g.cs(56,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\OverflowReport.g.cs(40,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadGridView' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\OverflowReport.g.cs(42,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\OverflowReport.g.cs(44,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
obj\Debug\Views\OverflowReport.g.cs(48,18): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RadButton' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [<some path>/myprj.csproj]>
Done Building Project "<some path>/myprj.csproj"> (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2012, 02:44 PM
Hi Nicole,

Can you ensure that the respective Telerik assemblies (e.g. Telerik.Windows.Controls for the RadButton class) exist in the <somepath> path of the build server?
Can you also ensure a clean GET to the build server? I mean, if you have the builds set up to incrementally get the source code, it could be that some files (including assemblies) cannot be retrieved correctly from the source control system.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Nicole
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2012, 09:04 AM
Hi Erjan,

thanks for your answer.
I just made sure (another time) that getting the files from the build server really works well and that all assemblies are, where they should be (C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for Silverlight Q3 2011 SP1\Binaries\Silverlight).
But stillt the same error message.
I tried to build the solution on the build server manually, but the error message have been the same.

I just made changes to an Oracle Version assembly, which was wrong, and I don't know why, but the buil succeeded. I don't have any idea, why. I haven't changed anything to the Telerik stuff.
Is there any possibility, that the error messages have been incorrect? That really an incorrect database assembly caused error messages misleading me to search for Telerik errors? Or has this just been a coincidence?

I will come back, if the errors reoccur, but at the moment, everything seems to be fine ... thanks for your help anyway!
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Nicole
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Nicole
Top achievements
Rank 1