Bugs Client Side Api: findItemByText()

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. A. Drost
    A. Drost avatar
    11 posts
    Member since:
    Jul 2009

    Posted 26 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    In the client-side api of the (very nice btw!) RibbonBar I found a bug.

    <telerik:RadRibbonBar ID="rrbEditor" OnClientButtonClicked="rrbEditor_onClientButtonClicked" OnClientButtonToggled="rrbEditor_onClientButtonClicked" OnClientMenuItemClicked="rrbEditor_onMenuItemClicked">
       <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Handy">
          <telerik:RibbonBarGroup Text="Clipboard">
                <telerik:RibbonBarMenu Size="Large" Text="Paste" ImageUrl="../../Images/Telerik/icons/editorimages/Paste.png">
        <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Layout">
           <telerik:RibbonBarGroup Text="Font">
                      <telerik:RibbonBarToggleButton Size="Small" Text="Bold" ImageUrl="../../Images/Telerik/icons/editorimages/Bold.png" />

    As you can see, this RibbonBar has two tabs. However when we use the findItemByText() method:

    var ribbonBar = $find("<%= rrbEditor.ClientID %>");
    var Bold = ribbonBar.findItemByText("Bold");
    var Paste = ribbonBar.findItemByText("Paste");

    You will find Bold == null while Paste is an item. However if we swap the two tabs (So 'Layout' will be the first tab), now Bold is an item and Paste == null.

    So findItemByText() only looks in the first tab.

    Hope you can fix this.
  2. Simon
    Simon avatar
    2281 posts

    Posted 28 Mar 2011 Link to this post

    Hello A. Drost,

    Thank you for reporting this bug.

    We will fix it immediately. You can follow the release notes of the internal builds if you want to upgrade before the Service Pack.

    I updated your Telerik points for the report.

    the Telerik team
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner
Back to Top