Bug: Menu not working inside RadWindow (RC0)

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. hwsoderlund
    hwsoderlund avatar
    419 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2006

    Posted 03 Oct 2008 Link to this post

    I've been using the menu component inside RadWindow without problems during the Beta 2 phase. After upgrading to RC0 the menu no longer works. It pops up, and I can close it, but the menu items do not react when I click them. In fact, the objects underneath the menu (checkboxes, buttons etc.) still respond as though the menu wasn't there as all.
  2. hwsoderlund
    hwsoderlund avatar
    419 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2006

    Posted 03 Oct 2008 Link to this post

    I should also mention that when I view the user control outside the context of a radwindow, the menu works as expected.
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Hristo
    Admin
    Hristo avatar
    832 posts

    Posted 03 Oct 2008 Link to this post

    Hello Henrik,

    We have a working example of RadMenu in RadWindow. You can see it here:
    http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#Examples/Window/PopupManager

    Can you give us more details? Do you use our latest release (RC0) that are compatible with Silverlight 2 RC0 release? The previous releases (for Beta2) are not compatible with the latest plugin?

    If you are using latest plugin with our RC0 release can you send us sample project so we can investigate it.
    Thanks.


    All the best,
    Hristo
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. hwsoderlund
    hwsoderlund avatar
    419 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2006

    Posted 03 Oct 2008 Link to this post

    Yes, you're right, the example works fine. I'll put together a stripped-down example and see if my problem persists. And yes, I've upgraded to RC0.
  6. hwsoderlund
    hwsoderlund avatar
    419 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2006

    Posted 03 Oct 2008 Link to this post

    I've found the problem. It only occurs when TopMost is set to true on the window. If you set TopMost="true" on the window in the demo you're referring to in your previous post, you'll see the problem immediately.
  7. Miroslav
    Admin
    Miroslav avatar
    922 posts

    Posted 03 Oct 2008 Link to this post

    Hi Henrik,

    Before the RC0 we could successfully change the ZIndex of popups, while in the latest version this is not always possible (changing the ZIndex of the Popup child does not work either).

    There is a very strange bug that appears from time to time when the Popup is closed also.

    We found workarounds for most of the "breaking changes" but it seems this one introduced more problems than we expected.
     
    When the popup behavior returns to normal (as it was before and as is currently in WPF), the TopMost problem will disappear. Until then we will do our best fix that.

    Thanks for bringing up this issue!

    All the best,
    Miroslav
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Back to Top
DevCraft banner