This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bug in GridViewColumnGroup 2015.2.623.45?

5 Answers 93 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marcel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Marcel asked on 07 Jul 2015, 02:23 PM

Hi there,

in one of my apps I'm doing the following inside RadGridView:

<telerik:GridViewColumnGroup Name="WeightMonthMatchingGroup">
   <telerik:GridViewColumnGroup.Header>
      <TextBox Text="{Binding Path=ParameterOverrides.WeightMonthMatching, StringFormat=F1}" Style="{StaticResource ParamTextBoxStyle}"/>
   </telerik:GridViewColumnGroup.Header>
 </telerik:GridViewColumnGroup>

Until version 2015.1.225.45 this XAML resulted in a usable TextBox inside the GridViewColumnGroup header. Today if updated the Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView assembly to version 2015.2.623.45 and now the header only displays "System.Windows.Controls.TextBox" as a string and no more a TextBox as before. Is this a bug or did you change this behavior on purpose?

Cheers,

Marcel

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2015, 02:55 PM
Hi Marcel,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Actually, it is already on our radar and it will be fixed with the next internal build.
With Q2 we created an alternative render mode for GridViewCommonColumnHeaders that fixed a lot of known rendering issues that we had with the former layout mechanism. This behavior is controlled by the new EnableColumnGroupsVirtualziation property. The reported issue is a bug with the new mode, so that you can switch the property to false to fall back to the old behavior, if you need an immediate workaround.

Regards,
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Marcel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 08 Jul 2015, 05:55 AM

Thanks Ivan,

the workaround works and also I know which rendering issues you speak of. The group headers do not perfectly align with the column headers especially if you have many groups/columns. They get displaced by one or two pixels sometimes. The good news is, the new column group virtualization seems to fix the rendering problems, it looks much better now. Unfortunately, I have to turn virtualization off as long as I cannot add more complex controls than just text to column headers...

Cheers,

Marcel

Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2015, 07:13 AM
Hello Marcel,

I am glad to hear that these changes would be beneficial for you. This refurbishing of the column groups targetted inconsistent behavior and poor performance in scenarios with many defined column groups, frozen columns, dynamic columns visibility etc.
The fix for the reported issue is already in production and it will be available to the public with the next internal build (next Monday).

Regards,
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 13 Jul 2015, 02:06 PM

Hi,

I run into a similar issue. I use GridViewColumnGroup.HeaderTemplate. With the default theme everything works, with the Windows8 (StyleManager.ApplicationTheme = new Windows8Theme(); ) theme it only shows the GridViewColumnGroup-Name no matter EnableColumnGroupsVirtualization is true or false.

<telerik:GridViewColumnGroup Name="Order">
<telerik:GridViewColumnGroup.HeaderTemplate>
<DataTemplate>
<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
<CheckBox telerik:StyleManager.Theme="Windows8" IsChecked="{Binding DataContext.FilterOnlyActiveIsChecked, Source={StaticResource Proxy}}" Command="{Binding DataContext.FilterOnlyActiveCommand, Source={StaticResource Proxy}}"/>
<TextBlock Text="Show Active only"/>
</StackPanel>
</DataTemplate>
</telerik:GridViewColumnGroup.Header>

By changing GridViewColumnGroup.HeaderTemplate to GridViewColumnGroup.Header and set EnableColumnGroupsVirtualization to false everything works as expected.

Regards,
Marco

Vera
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2015, 03:14 PM
Hello Marco,

I was able to reproduce the described problem. I logged into our Feedback Portal as GridViewColumnGroup.HeaderTemplate is not respected in Windows8, Windows8Touch and ExpressionDark themes. We will do our best to provide a solution with one of our next internal builds.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Vera
Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Marcel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Ivan Ivanov
Telerik team
Marcel
Top achievements