Bug - DateTimePicker / Firefox

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Lynda Lafreniere
    Lynda Lafreniere avatar
    33 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2006

    Posted 03 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hi !!

    I don't know if I'm the only one to have this problem (I found nothing in the forum), but it seems to be a bug in the DateTimePicker.

    With FF3, when I use a DateTimePicker, I can't change the minutes by writing them in the textbox. If I do so, the value is not saved : if I do a postback or if I give the focus to the control again, the old value come back.

    I don't know if that can help, but I've also noticed that the style "focused" doesn't leave the control once it got it.

    I have the Q1 2009 version of Telerik controls and the latest version of Firefox.
    It was tested on a page with no other control.
    It works well on IE8 and Chrome2.0.

    Do anyone knows a way to correct that ??

    Thanks a lot !!
  2. Pavel
    Admin
    Pavel avatar
    904 posts

    Posted 08 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hello Lynda,

    I just checked this online example and it seems to work as expected on my end. Can you try it and let me know if it behaves correctly for you as well?

    Sincerely yours,
    Pavel
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Lynda Lafreniere
    Lynda Lafreniere avatar
    33 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2006

    Posted 10 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Pavel,

    well ... I don't understand why, but since I rebooted my PC two days ago, it seems to work. I don't know what happened, but the problem seems to be our side.

    It's strange because we noticed this "bug" on different computers so it's not related to mine (maybe a cache or a javascript issue in FF3 or something like that ...). If the problem come back, we'll inform you with more details.

    Sorry for the inconvenience and keep up the good work !!
  5. Mark Griebling
    Mark  Griebling avatar
    129 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2005

    Posted 10 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    Lynda,

    No, you are not the only one.  We are seeing this in Firefox in our app.  In our case, it only happens if you mouse-click into the date field.  But it is very sensitive to many things.  From what I can tell, if you tab into the field initially, it will work as normal.  It also appears the error is influenced by the cache.  On the same page, I had to clear the cache before going in to recreate the error.

    Of course, I cannot recreate the problem in the demos or on our other pages.  I'll be spending some time looking for the setting or behavior.  I'll post if I find it.

    Mark
  6. Mark Griebling
    Mark  Griebling avatar
    129 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2005

    Posted 11 Jun 2009 Link to this post

    I haven't been able to recreate the problem in a small sample, but I was able to find a workaround in our application.  I don't like the workaround, so I am hoping this will trigger some thoughts by the telerik staff.

    In our application the problem is that using the mouse to move to the date time picker controls results in the date time picker losing its focus somehow.  When this happens, anything can be typed into the controls as it is never accepted or edited.  As Lynda mentioned, the focus style is incorrect.  For this too happen, the 'working' form must not be cached and tab cannot be used to enter the fields.  Sometimes the problem will occur the first time entering the control with the mouse, other times I may have to mouse between controls a few times.

    It appears this is only a problem for forms shown in a RadWindow using ShowContentDuringLoad="False".  The workaround is to set ShowContentDuringLoad="True".  The obvious problem with this solution is you lose the nice load animation and you have to implement your own show/hide on open/close to avoid an unacceptable form display.

    As I mentioned, even though I know what fixes it, I was not able to recreate the problem in a small sample.  It seems like something is not initializing correctly with a larger project.  I really don't know what that might be but I am hoping this description triggers some thoughts on how to recreate it.
Back to Top
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017