2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Dai Thanh
    Dai Thanh avatar
    4 posts

Posted 16 Apr 2012 Link to this post

i have problem when i try to use bubble chart type
    my datatable

Title               Complexity             Stategic value            Cost
    item 1            25                                 5                          $10,000
    item 2            14                                 2                          $2,000
    item 2            1                                   2                          $25,000

<telerik:RadChart ID="RadChart1" SkinsOverrideStyles="true" runat="server"   >
                            <XAxis AutoScale="False" MaxValue="20" MinValue="0" Step="5">
                            <YAxis AutoScale="False" MaxValue="40" MinValue="0" Step="5">
                            <YAxis2 AutoScale="true"  ></YAxis2>

<Series  >
                                   <telerik:ChartSeries Name="Series 1" Type="Bubble"    >
                                    <Appearance LegendDisplayMode="ItemLabels" >
                                        <FillStyle MainColor="Blue">
                                         <telerik:ChartSeriesItem XValue="5"  YValue="25"  YValue2="10000"  Name="Item 1">
                                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem XValue="2"  YValue="14"  YValue2="2000"  Name="Item 2">
                                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem XValue="2"   YValue="1"  YValue2="25000"   Name="Item 3">

when i run it, i can see buble chart image. how to fix it
  2. Petar Marchev
    Petar Marchev avatar
    968 posts

Posted 19 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hello Dai,

First let me direct you to one of our online demos: Point, Gantt, Bubble Chart (select "Bubble" from the drop down list). This will give you a notion of how the RadChart in Asp.Net Ajax draws a bubble chart. In short - the YValue is the center of the ellipse and the YValue2 is the ellipse's height.

If you comment out the plot area from the code that you have provided - you will start to see a more meaningful output.

However, I think that this might not be what you want exactly and this is why I have attached a simple app to get you started with one of the ways to create a bubble chart. I have also attached a snapshot of the output that I get when I run this code.

Hope this is of help. 

Kind regards,
    Petar Marchev
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner