Appended tabs not getting opacity changed

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Adam
    Adam avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2011

    Posted 14 Mar 2014 Link to this post

    I am currently using Kendo UI Complete v2013.2.918 and I have a Tabstrip Issue.

    Currently I pull an unknown number of items from a database and break these into groups of 5.

    For each group of 5, I create a tab (1-5, 6-10,11,15 etc) and add 5 panel bars to each tab 1 bar for each item.

    This works fine.

    I then use ajax calls to create a new (panelbar) Item and if the last tab has room I just reloading the last tab, if not I append a new tab to the end and use the contentUrl to load the new tab of panel items.

    The new tab loads fine but the new tab content opacity is not toggled when I switch to other tabs so my new tab content is shown across all tabs.

    If I manually set the opacity to 0 it looks fine (hidden on all tabs) until i go to the last tab again which changes it back to 1 and the process repeats.

    I believe the issue is that the new tab is not added into the function to set all tab opacity to 0 before setting the active tab to 1 but I cant find where that call is made.


  2. Kamen Bundev
    Admin
    Kamen Bundev avatar
    1532 posts

    Posted 18 Mar 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Adam,

    Due to the complexity of your use case scenario we are unable to reproduce it here. Can you check if the issue is reproducible with the latest release of Kendo UI? If it still is, can you send a sample page with the issue reproduced (for instance in the Kendo UI Dojo, jsBin or as a sample project), so that we can reproduce it and help you fix it? Thank you in advance for your trouble.

    Regards,
    Kamen Bundev
    Telerik
     
    Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
     
  3. Kendo UI is VS 2017 Ready
  4. Adam
    Adam avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2011

    Posted 18 Mar 2014 in reply to Kamen Bundev Link to this post

    I was able to solve this... The issue was the "New" tab was not getting added to the contentAnimators collection so it was not toggled in the activateTab function.

    I added that._updateContentElements(); to the activateTab function just before var contentAnimators = that.contentAnimators; to force a refresh and it is working as expected now.

    Thank you.
Back to Top