An unexpected error has occurred.

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Andreas Kaech
    Andreas Kaech avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2004

    Posted 08 Jun 2007 Link to this post

    I have the following problem on my 3 SharePoint 2007 applications (all in german):
    "Use RadEditor to edit List Items" is OK.
    But - after putting "Telerik RadEditor for MOSS" or "RadEditorWebPart" on a site - when trying to edit it, "An unexpected error has occurred".  
    The trust level is medium.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks for answering,
    Andreas
  2. Lini
    Admin
    Lini avatar
    2144 posts

    Posted 08 Jun 2007 Link to this post

    Hi Andreas,

    Please open the Event Viewer and review the Application eventlog for the exact exception details. If I understand correctly, the error occurs both in the RadEditor web part and the WCM field editor (added from SharePoint Designer). Is that the case?

    All the best,
    Lini
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center

  3. Andreas Kaech
    Andreas Kaech avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2004

    Posted 08 Jun 2007 Link to this post

    Hi Lini,
    there are no event logs about this error.
    This error occurs when I click on "Modify Shared Webpart" after adding "RadEditorWebPart" or "Telerik RadEditor for MOSS" to a Web Part.
    So, adding to a Web Part is OK, editing is not possible. Is there another log file where I find a detailed description? In the SharePoint log was no entry concerning "edit" or "web part".

    All the best,
    Andreas
  4. Lini
    Admin
    Lini avatar
    2144 posts

    Posted 12 Jun 2007 Link to this post

    Hello Andreas,

    If there is an ASP.NET 2.0 unhandled exception, it should be available in the server's event viewer. Open the Application event log and look for a ASP.NET warning after you see the error message in the browser.

    You can also check the latest log file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS\ folder. Look for the string "exception" near the end of the file. You can also look for "Telerik".

    Are you upgrading from a previous editor version or is this a new install? Also, does the error still occur if you raise the application trust level to Full and restart IIS?

    All the best,
    Lini
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  5. Andreas Kaech
    Andreas Kaech avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2004

    Posted 14 Jun 2007 Link to this post

    Hello Lini,
    could it be that the two Editors: RadEditor for MOSS and RadEditor 7.1 don't like each another? On a Test-Server I installed RadEditor MOSS before RadEditor 7.1 and there RadEditor MOSS works, but I get an Error on RadEditor 7.1 Sites: "No parameterless constructor defined for this object".
    Maybe this could be a hint for you.
    All the best,
    Andreas
  6. Lini
    Admin
    Lini avatar
    2144 posts

    Posted 15 Jun 2007 Link to this post

    Hi Andreas,

    The RadEditor for MOSS lite has a different RadEditor.Net2.dll assembly. The free MOSS version has some features removed and cannot be used outside of MOSS. That is why you see the "no constructor" error when you try to use it. To fix this problem you need to get the regular MOSS editor release, which uses the same RadEditor assembly as the normal ASP.NET version. This way you will be able to get both editors to coexist peacefully. The regular editor can be downloaded from the same page as the ASP.NET version. Currently it is at version 1.1 just like the free MOSS editor.

    Greetings,
    Lini
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  7. Andreas Kaech
    Andreas Kaech avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2004

    Posted 15 Jun 2007 Link to this post

    Hi Lini,
    thanks for your explanation. But this is not quite correct.
    The problem occured since I installed the full featured RadEditor for MOSS. But I found a "workaround":
    After adding the solution I exchanged the RadEditor.Net2 and RadSpell.Net2 Assemblies in GAC with the assemblies of RadEditor 7.11. Now it seems working fine.
    But I think this should be changed in the next release ;-)
    All the best,
    Andreas
Back to Top