I am having the same problem. When I have done something on the page to trigger client validation and the validation fails I am no longer able to call the "ajaxRequest()" method off of a RadAjaxManager instance in client script. If client validation has not been invoked everything works as expected. To reproduce:
- Create a standard page with a couple of textboxes and required field validators.
- Add two buttons - one triggers standard validation and one calls a client-script method that initiates an ajax request to do something insignificant (perhaps update a label on the page or something).
- Start filling in the form, intentionally leaving a required field blank.
- Hit the button that causes client-side validation to fire and shows the error about a required field missing.
- Now hit the other button that triggers the ajaxRequest() method. You'll notice this method does not fire nor does your method get invoked on the server-side.
What is the best way to resolve this? The way I am utilizing the ajaxRequest method is to update the records in a grid and it needs to fire regardless of whether client-side validation has been invoked (and failed).