Ajaxified grid breaks AJAX upon refresh link click

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. Morten
    Morten avatar
    13 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2007

    Posted 09 May 2008 Link to this post

    I'm talking about a custom refresh link in the CommandItemTemplate. The commandname is "RebindGrid", and the grid itself rebinds perfectly.

    But other Ajaxified content on the same page stops working. For instance we get these two JavaScript errors, the first when trying to click a custom linkbutton control and the other when clicking a normal button control.
    1)
    "Sys.ArgumentTypeException: Object of type 'AjaxControlToolkit.Animation.LengthAnimation' cannot be converted to type 'AjaxControlToolkit.Animation.Animation'. Parameter name: instance"

    2)
    "Sys.ArgumentTypeException: Object of type 'AjaxControlToolkit.ConfirmButtonBehavior' cannot be converted to type 'AjaxControlToolkit.ConfirmButtonBehavior'. Parameter name: instance"

    For 1) we're not using any AJAX features directly, other than the control being placed within an UpdatePanel. For 2) we're using a plain "asp:Button" control within another UpdatePanel.
  2. Answer
    Steve
    Admin
    Steve avatar
    10941 posts

    Posted 10 May 2008 Link to this post

    Hi Morten,

    Please make sure that you have the built-in ajax of the RadGrid control disabled (EnableAjax=false) when using external ajax frameworks to handle its requests. If still having problems, it would be best to provide more info on your scenario or a sample grid markup including the "ajax" handling.

    Greetings,
    Steve
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Morten
    Morten avatar
    13 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2007

    Posted 13 May 2008 Link to this post

    Doh, bummer.
    The EnableAJAX=true was a remnant from the time when we were actively using the Telerik AJAX implementation. Since then we've switched back to MS AJAX.

    When I set it to false, it started working again. Thanks!
Back to Top