This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

AddingNewDataItem event

7 Answers 452 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
miri
Top achievements
Rank 1
miri asked on 15 Nov 2015, 06:53 AM

Hello,

I have a telerik radGridView that itemsSource binding to my list observableCollection<Class1>

i have a button that on her click event i i add a new item to my list, i want focus the new item  first cell,

so i want do it with the event AddingNewDataItem  but it not camming to this event.

heer is my xaml code:

<Grid>
<telerik:RadGridView x:Name="PricingGrid" ItemsSource="{Binding}"
CanUserInsertRows="True" ShowInsertRow="True"
AddingNewDataItem="PricingGrid_AddingNewDataItem"
RowEditEnded="PricingGrid_RowEditEnded" >
</telerik:RadGridView>
<Button Content="Button" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Height="61" Margin="269,237,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="176" Click="Button_Click"/>
</Grid>

heer is my C# code:

public partial class MainWindow : Window
{
public CollectionViewSource Source { get; set; }
public ObservableCollection<MyClass> list = new ObservableCollection<MyClass>();
public MainWindow()
{
InitializeComponent();
this.Source = new CollectionViewSource();
//var list = new ObservableCollection<MyClass>();
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
var item = new MyClass { MyProp2 = i, MyProperty = i * 10 };
list.Add(item);
}
Source.Source = list;
this.DataContext = Source.View;
}
private void PricingGrid_RowEditEnded(object sender, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridViewRowEditEndedEventArgs e)
{
if (e.EditOperationType == Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewEditOperationType.Insert)
{
this.DataContext = Source.View.OfType<MyClass>().OrderBy(c => c.MyProperty);
Source.Source = this.DataContext;
PricingGrid.SelectedItem = e.NewData;
PricingGrid.ScrollIntoView(e.NewData);
}
}
private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
list.Add(new MyClass { MyProp2 = 4, MyProperty = 40 });
}
private void PricingGrid_AddingNewDataItem(object sender, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewAddingNewEventArgs e)
{
}
}
public class MyClass
{
public int MyProperty { get; set; }
public int MyProp2 { get; set; }
}

thank for help!

miri.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2015, 02:25 PM
Hello Miri,

Please take a look at the Adding New Entries article of our documentation.

The reason the AddingNewDataItem is not fired is because it is raised by BeginInsert() which you have not used in your implementation.

So you simply have to replace
list.Add(new MyClass { MyProp2 = 4, MyProperty = 40 });
with 
this.PricingGrid.BeginInsert();
in your Button_Click method and then add this line of code to your PricingGrid_AddingNewDataItem event handler:
e.NewObject = new MyClass { MyProp2 = 4, MyProperty = 40 };

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
miri
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Nov 2015, 09:51 AM

thank,

but it not exactly what i want.

i do want add from view to model.

and i want add the row to spesifial index,

so i change and put e.cancel=true,

but now i cannot doing the focus :

my code :

public partial class MainWindow : Window
{
public CollectionViewSource Source { get; set; }
public ObservableCollection<MyClass> list = new ObservableCollection<MyClass>();
public MainWindow()
{
InitializeComponent();
this.Source = new CollectionViewSource();
//var list = new ObservableCollection<MyClass>();
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
var item = new MyClass { MyProp2 = i, MyProperty = i * 10 };
list.Add(item);
}
Source.Source = list;
this.DataContext = Source.View;
}
private void PricingGrid_RowEditEnded(object sender, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridViewRowEditEndedEventArgs e)
{
if (e.EditOperationType == Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewEditOperationType.Insert)
{
this.DataContext = Source.View.OfType<MyClass>().OrderBy(c => c.MyProperty);
Source.Source = this.DataContext;
PricingGrid.SelectedItem = e.NewData;
PricingGrid.ScrollIntoView(e.NewData);
}
}

MyClass dd = new MyClass { MyProp2 = 4, MyProperty = 40 };
int i = 0;
private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
this.PricingGrid.BeginInsert();
dd = new MyClass { MyProp2 = 4+i, MyProperty = 40+i };
i++;
list.Add(dd);
}
private void PricingGrid_AddingNewDataItem(object sender, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewAddingNewEventArgs e)
{
e.NewObject = dd;
e.Cancel = true;
}
}

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2015, 10:54 AM
Hello again Miri,

I'd like to ask whether you need the rows to be sorted after you've added the new one, or does it have to appear somewhere in-between the other rows? Also what specific index are you referring to?

When we have that information we can look for a better solution.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
miri
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Nov 2015, 05:48 AM

more detials:

1. i have insert the new item to specifila index, and i know only on the cs which index it, the index to add change Depending on the parameters set out in CS.

2. i dont have to sort the radGridView After adding.

2. my data is very difficult, i have a lot of field, that the user cannot edit but thay are display, this items dont have a fixed value, i set her values start over each time, so i must do first the item on my data and just after this show it to the user

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2015, 04:35 PM
Hello Miri,

As this seems to be a very specific scenario, I'm afraid there's no straightforward way to achieve this.
I've prepared a sample project based on your first request to show you how it could be done.
Of course, you would have to change the algorithm for finding the insertion index, based on your logic.

However, the scenario you've described in your last post is very different from the one we started with. It implies that some if not all of the columns are disabled, which brings the question of how you will add the items. If you will add them through the code itself, you can easily choose at which index to add them with the Insert() method of the collection.

Please have a look at the sample project and let me know if it solves your problem. If that is not the case, we will need a better explanation of the situation in order to investigate further.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik
miri
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2015, 09:48 AM

Thank for you Quick answer.

i think that it can be good, but i have a problem.

in your project it work good,

but at me the line "PricingGrid.BeginEdit()" alweys focus and edit the firs row.

i m debugging your application and i saw that also in your application the metodes "PricingGrid.BeginEdit()"  return false.

can you please help me on this problem?

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2015, 03:15 PM
Hello again Miri,

You can find more information about BeginEdit() in this article. BeginEdit's return type is void, thus it does not return anything. It's just tells RadGridView to start editing the selected item. So you need to make sure that you successfully select the added row. In my project this is accomplished by the following lines:

PricingGrid.SelectedItem = e.NewObject;
PricingGrid.BeginEdit();

Please make sure you're correctly selecting the newly-inserted item and if you still encounter problems please provide some sample code to help us investigate further.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik
Tags
GridView
Asked by
miri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
miri
Top achievements
Rank 1