This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI,

3 Answers 854 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anders asked on 03 Jan 2014, 01:36 PM
After I have updated to the latest version of the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX (2013.3.1114.35) I get this error message.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2013.3.1015.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I have searched the forums here and Stack Overflow an tried every possible solution I could find. But still I can't get rid of this error.

I have removed all references to the dll and added them again, I have search my hard drive for old versions en deleted them, I tried to compile the project in different order to see of that helped, I have search the GAC and there is no dll of the old version, I have deleted the ASP.NET Temporary files.

But now I don't have any clue where to go next.

Please help me with some suggestions.

Anders Pedersen 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jan 2014, 02:41 PM
Hi Anders,

Please try updating the references to the assembly files that you have. Here you can find a very useful forum post where you can find more information on how this can be achieved - Updating References.

Regards,
Kate
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jan 2014, 02:56 PM
My college helped me out withe the problem. It is a solution with 10+ projects and there are some specific order of compilation that have to be followed.

Thanks for the help.

Anders Pedersen
Nyein Aung
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2017, 03:39 AM

Hello Anders,

I'm having the same problem. Could you tell me how did you solve the problem, please?

Thanks in advanced.

Chan

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kate
Telerik team
Anders