This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting two tooltips.

1 Answer 105 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Prasad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Prasad asked on 28 Dec 2012, 07:04 AM
Hi,

I am getting two tooltips (one is comming from the rad tooltip manager another one is default tooltip).

In my project i placed tooltip manager in Master page, I am getting  two tooltips for the link butoon in all over my application.

please provide sol to avoid these two tooltips.

I am sending my sample design page for your reference.

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function TooltipBeforeShowHandler(sender, args) {

var newTitle = sender.get_targetControl().title;
            if (newTitle) {
                sender.set_text(newTitle);
            }

}     
    </script>
    <style type="text/css">
        #RadToolTipWrapper_RadToolTipManager1
        {
            z-index: 5895895 !important;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div>
        <telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadTooltipManager1" runat="server" AutoTooltipify="true"
            OnClientBeforeShow="TooltipBeforeShowHandler" Skin="Office2007">
        </telerik:RadToolTipManager>
        <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" runat="server" Height="300px" Width="300px">
            <telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock1" runat="server" Width="300px">
                <TitlebarTemplate>
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkDomainTop" Style="text-decoration: none; padding-top: 5px"
                        ForeColor="black" Height="10px" Font-Bold="true" runat="server" Text="Morning Mesage"
                        ToolTip="Information domain"></asp:LinkButton>
                </TitlebarTemplate>
                <ContentTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning Hi, Good morning "></asp:Label>
                </ContentTemplate>
                <Commands>
                </Commands>
            </telerik:RadDock>
        </telerik:RadDockZone>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jan 2013, 01:27 PM
Hi Prasad,

It seems this thread is very similar to your previous one on the same subject: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/getting-two-tooltips.aspx. You have not answered any of my questions there, so I would ask that you try my suggestions and let me know what the result is. In case you are using AJAX you can also try moving the RadToolTipManager out of any update panels or AJAX settings to avoid disposing it. You should also make sure it is the only tooltip manager on the page with AutoTooltipify set to true.

What I see in this screenshot is some strange behavior and I cannot find a reason for it in the code snippet you have pasted. It seems to work fine on my end (you can find attached my test page and a video from my experiment). Note that when AutoTooltipify is enabled setting the text manually in the tooltip is not needed. In case comparing them with your actual setup does not help, nor do my ideas from the other thread, I advise that you open a support ticket and send me a simple, runnable project that shows the problem so I can debug it.

Kind regards,
Marin Bratanov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Prasad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or