RadAsyncUpload

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Kyle
    Kyle avatar
    13 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2012 Link to this post

I have a question about functionality of this control.

Here is my scenario: I have an ASPX page with a RadWindow that has a ContentTemplate that appears from clicking a button. Nothing complicated, the button just does this

OnClientClick="openUploadWindow1(); return false;

Inside of the RadWindow that opens I have (among other controls) a RadAsyncUpload control that automatically uploads a file to the default temporary directoy and a DIV that contains the image of a file that is saved to a database. What I'm trying to do is the following:

Someone uploads a TIFF image through the RadAsyncUpload tool. I would like to display this image in the aforementioned DIV as soon as the image is finished uploading to the temporary directory. However, TIFFs can't be viewed normally in a browser, so I would need to post-back to the server to convert it to a JPG, PNG, or BMP and then display that image. However, I don't see a method that handles this scenario.

In brief I want to:
    • Open a RadWindow
    • Select a file that is immediately uploaded via RadAsyncUpload in that RadWindow
    • As soon as it's finished, call some server-side function or at least post-back to the server
    • Convert the image to a JPG
    • Re-open the dialog box with the controls on my RadWindow with the same information

This since it's posting back it sounds like more a job for RadUpload, but there's most likely functionality in RadAsyncUpload that I don't know about.

Thank you for your time.
  2. Kyle
    Kyle avatar
    13 posts

Posted 07 Dec 2012 Link to this post

Actually, what I ended up doing was the following:

Added 
    OnClientFileUploaded="uploadPostBack1"

to the RadAsyncUpload control in the ASPX file.

Added this in my Javascript:

function uploadPostBack1() {
        "use strict";
        var uploadName = document.getElementById('<%=DialogTextBox1.ClientID%>').value;
        __doPostBack("Upload1", uploadName);
     }

From here I could just call 

UploadWindow1.VisibleOnPageLoad = true;

from the Page_Load event after I ran my own code to get the image. If you happen to run this in the Page_Load however, take note that any postback could cause the  window to keep re-appearing so set the above to false first, run your desired code, and if you need the window then do the VisibleOnPageLoad = true again.

Hopefully this helps someone out. I'll be watching the thread just in case someone wants to do something similar.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Kyle
    Kyle avatar
    13 posts

Posted 11 Dec 2012 Link to this post

Well, turns out it's still not quite working how I would like...
    ---

Here is my updated situation. I have a RadWindow with a RadAsyncUpload control inside of it. The RadWindow is using an actual ASPX page, not a template. When the user uploads a file, it is set to immediately reload the radWindow because the file the user uploads will be a TIF and I need to create a JPG copy of it server side and then display that image (but keep copies of them both to store in a database when I hit a save button)  but I can't access the files from the radasyncupload control in the code-behind after I reload the radwindow as the count of uploaded files is 0.

I tried the PostBackTriggers, but that didn't seem to do anything for me.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Code for reloading the RadWindow:
    <script type="text/javascript">
                /*global getRadWindow, uploadPostBack1 */

function getRadWindow() {
                    var oWindow = null;
                    if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow;
                    else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;
                    return oWindow;
                }

function uploadPostBack1() {
                    var thisWindow = getRadWindow();
                    thisWindow.reload();
                }
            </script>

5. Kyle
    Kyle avatar
    13 posts

Posted 12 Dec 2012 Link to this post

Bah, I figured it out. I wish I could delete my thread.