This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Advanced Form

1 Answer 60 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
RAHUL
Top achievements
Rank 1
RAHUL asked on 13 Jun 2012, 11:58 AM
I have added a label ADD in  slot and i want to popup AdvancedInsert window after clicking ADD as in Outlook.
how can i do it?

One more thing i want to know is when i am clicking option then the insertAdvanceTemplate opens but the page get refreshed. what can i do for getting this in same page?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2012, 03:57 PM
Hi Rahul,

To trigger the advanced form of RadScheduler to open at a certain time you could take advantage of the client  API of the control. Here is an example on how to open the advanced form with a click on a button:
<telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="RadScheduler1" OnFormCreated="RadScheduler1_FormCreated"
    Reminders-Enabled="true" OverflowBehavior="Expand" OnClientTimeSlotClick="" />
<telerik:RadButton runat="server" ID="RadButton1" AutoPostBack="false" OnClientClicked="OnClientClicked" Text="Create an appointment" />
function OnClientClicked(sender, args) {
    var date = new Date();
    $find("RadScheduler1").showAdvancedInsertForm(date);
}

As for the callbacks RadScheduler makes when the advanced form opens, let me suggest to switch to web service as in this mode no postback to the server is made when the advanced form is opened. You could observe the RadScheduler's behavior when bound to web service on the following demo: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/webservice/defaultcs.aspx.

All the best,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
RAHUL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivana
Telerik team
Share this question
or