This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

403 Forbidden when user click "Add to dictionary" in RadEditor

4 Answers 103 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sébastien Nunes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sébastien Nunes asked on 22 Oct 2010, 03:54 PM
Hi,

We are using the RadEditor on our sharepoint portal.

When the user tries to add a word to the dictionary a pop-up appears with the following error message: "Spell Checker Handler  Server Error: 403 FORBIDDEN".

I presume that adding a word to the dictionary updates one of the *.tdf file. Is there specific security settings to be assigned to those files ?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 25 Oct 2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Sébastien,

The problem is most likely due to that MOSS uses impersonation. It tries to access the dictionary txt file using the user account which is logged with its windows credentials and is not admin and for that reason the file is  inaccessible.

We recommend that you grant read / write permissions to the en-US-Custom.txt file for the everyone user, which will solve the problem.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Sébastien Nunes
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2010, 03:13 PM
OK,

Thanks for your answer.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2011, 10:18 PM
We got this to work but are experiencing some weirdness.  We have a central admin server and two sharepoint WFEs in our certification server found.  I found the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\5.6.2.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\App_Data\RadSpell and noticed that there is no en-US-custom.txt file.  I created the file on all three servers in the above location and gave the "Everyone" user read / write permissions.  I had my business analyst test this.  She did the following:

Added "wordone" and did a spell check.  The spell checker did not find it and allowed her to add it.
Added "wordtwo" and did a spell check.  The spell checker did not find this either and allowed her to find it.  

The odd thing tho is that one WFE had one entry "wordone" and the other WFE had the other entry "wordtwo".  When I edited the page she was using, I ran the same spell check.  It found "wordtwo" as the only word that was incorrect.  When I looked at the WFEs, there was no addition to the first custom text file, however the second one had wordone and wordtwo.  

The problem seems to be that the text files are not getting updated on both WFEs.  Can you please advise?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2011, 02:12 PM
Hi Mark,

If you use RadSpell in a web farm scenario please try the suggestions for custom dictionaries provided in the following forum thread: en-US-Custom.txt access error in Web Farm.

Regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Sébastien Nunes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Sébastien Nunes
Top achievements
Rank 1