Modal Dialog appearing behind parent RadWindow

43 posts, 0 answers
  1. Boyan
    Admin
    Boyan avatar
    758 posts

Posted 25 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hi Jacob,

This is because of the fact that RadScheduleView is taking the focus after the window has been shown. This can be easily fixed by using the IsTopmost property of RadWindow and set it to true.However we don't want to include such fix in the code as it may result in some other problems. We will investigate if we can change the sequence events are invoked so this scenario is working properly. I have logged it in our PITS where you can follow the item's progress.

For now as a workaround you can easily set the IsTopMost property to these modal windows by using ScheduleViewDialogFactory. I have attached a simple project how this can be achieved. This should solve your problems.

Kind regards,
    Boyan
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

2. Nathaniel
    Nathaniel avatar
    68 posts

Posted 19 Dec 2012 Link to this post

Has the problem where the spellchecker control pops up behind child windows been fixed?
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Boyan
    Admin
    Boyan avatar
    758 posts

Posted 20 Dec 2012 Link to this post

Hi Nathaniel,

Are you using the latest version of our controls as this issue should be fixed. And also could you confirm that that you are talking about Silverlight platform or you are using WPF.

Regards,
    Boyan
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

5. Nathaniel
    Nathaniel avatar
    68 posts

Posted 02 Jan 2013 Link to this post

I'm using the latest silverlight version 2012.3.1129.1050, and the problem still exists.
  6. Iva Toteva
    Admin
    Iva Toteva avatar
    1319 posts

Posted 03 Jan 2013 Link to this post

Hi Nathaniel,

The SpellChecker uses a non-modal RadWindow when spell-checking WordByWord. When the spell-checked control is in a modal RadWindow, it can indeed happen that the spell-check window appears behind the parent window. This is so because normally non-modal windows should not be opened from modal ones.

However, as we agree that this is not the expected behavior no matter what the reason is, we have fixed the issue with RadSpellChecker and the change will be visible in the internal build next week.

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Iva Toteva
    the Telerik team

7. nyi nyi
    nyi nyi avatar
    17 posts

Posted 20 Feb 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

I would like to know that If the problem of RadSpellchecker control popping  up behind child windows been fixed?

Regards,
    Nyi Nyi
  8. Vasil
    Admin
    Vasil avatar
    124 posts

Posted 25 Feb 2013 Link to this post

Hello,

The problem that spell-check window appears behind the parent window when the spell-checked control is positioned in RadWindow is resolved with the latest official 2013 Q1 (2013.1.220) version of RadControls for Silverlight.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
    Vasil
    the Telerik team

9. Nathaniel
    Nathaniel avatar
    68 posts

Posted 06 Jan 2014 Link to this post

There is another related bug.  The little window with the Yellow triangle with the text " The spelling check is complete." is still popping up behind child windows.
  10. Vasil
    Admin
    Vasil avatar
    124 posts

Posted 09 Jan 2014 Link to this post

Hi Nathaniel,

Unfortunately, we are not aware and were unable to reproduce such issue using our latest official 2013 Q3 SP1 (2013.3.1204). Could you please elaborate the exact version as well as the concrete scenario you are observing this problem?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Vasil
    Telerik
    TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
    Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
  11. Nathaniel
    Nathaniel avatar
    68 posts

Posted 10 Jan 2014 Link to this post

I'm using 2013 Q3 SP1 (2013.3.1204).

My scenario is this

I have a child window, which opens a 2nd child window. From the 2nd child window i open the spellchecker.  Sometime the "Completed" popup appears behind the 2nd child window. 
  12. Svetoslav
    Admin
    Svetoslav avatar
    55 posts

Posted 15 Jan 2014 Link to this post

Hello Nathaniel,

Thank you for getting back to us!

Unfortunately our attempts to reproduce this issue were not successfully again. I have prepared an example which demonstrates two scenarios, please find it attached. The first scenario uses Silverlight Child Window and the second one RadWindow. We would appreciate if you can tell us the differences between the sample and your project or open a support ticket and send us your project so that we can troubleshoot it on our end.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Svetoslav
    Telerik
    Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
  13. Nathaniel
    Nathaniel avatar
    68 posts

Posted 15 Jan 2014 Link to this post

Do you have a different format than a .rar.

I mis spoke on my previous post.  All my windows were RadWindows.  No Silverlight Child Windows.

14. Svetoslav
    Admin
    Svetoslav avatar
    55 posts

Posted 16 Jan 2014 Link to this post

Hi Nathaniel,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, it was my mistake. Please find the attached demo project in zip format.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact us again! 

Regards,
    Svetoslav
    Telerik
DevCraft banner