Theming RadMediaPlayer

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Alec
    Alec avatar
    2 posts

Posted 23 Jun 2010 Link to this post

I am trying to theme RadMediaPlayer and have read every bit of information on the forum and in your documentation...nothing is working for me. I am using Silverlight 4 and Expression Blend 4.

First, I've tried editing the control template and control style in Expression Blend, as in your tutorial:

A few points:

• I cannot edit "current template" or "current style", though the summer theme is applied.
    • Whenever I edit a copy, no matter where I choose to define the style (app, this document, dictionary) Expression Blend returns an error: 

error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com component

• I am not familiar with TemplateParts for the control. But creating an empty resource is the only option that does not return the above error!

I have also tried modifying the summer theme as per this tutorial. But I cannot find the solution files you are indicating. The only trace of any theme files are the DLLs, extmap.xml, and .pdb files. for examples ( I must be missing something.

Your help will be very appreciated!

2. Dimitrina
    Dimitrina avatar
    442 posts

Posted 24 Jun 2010 Link to this post

Hello Alec,

Please find attached a project with a custom style of the RadMediaPlayer.
    If you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask us or you can send us a screen shot with your the design of the RadMediaPlayer control.

I hope this will help you.

Sincerely yours,
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner