Theming RadMediaPlayer

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Alec
    Alec avatar
    2 posts

Posted 23 Jun 2010 Link to this post

Hi,

I am trying to theme RadMediaPlayer and have read every bit of information on the forum and in your documentation...nothing is working for me. I am using Silverlight 4 and Expression Blend 4.

First, I've tried editing the control template and control style in Expression Blend, as in your tutorial:

A few points:

• I cannot edit "current template" or "current style", though the summer theme is applied.
    • Whenever I edit a copy, no matter where I choose to define the style (app, this document, dictionary) Expression Blend returns an error: 

error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com component

• I am not familiar with TemplateParts for the control. But creating an empty resource is the only option that does not return the above error!

I have also tried modifying the summer theme as per this tutorial. But I cannot find the solution files you are indicating. The only trace of any theme files are the DLLs, extmap.xml, and .pdb files. for examples (telerik.windows.themes.summer.dll). I must be missing something.

Your help will be very appreciated!

Thanks,
    Alec

2. Dimitrina
    Admin
    Dimitrina avatar
    442 posts

Posted 24 Jun 2010 Link to this post

Hello Alec,

Please find attached a project with a custom style of the RadMediaPlayer.
    If you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask us or you can send us a screen shot with your the design of the RadMediaPlayer control.

I hope this will help you.

Sincerely yours,
    Dimitrina
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. DevCraft banner