This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Slider Width

1 Answer 62 Views
Slider
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mk
Top achievements
Rank 1
mk asked on 08 Apr 2010, 03:56 AM
Hello,

I have an asp.net page that accesses a datasource to get information about an object Game for the year.  Each Game has a start date and end date.

I want to dynamically generate slider for each game. However, here's the twist.  The WIDTH of the HANDLE of slider should be scaled
according to the game length = start date - end date.

I am lost as to how to approach this problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Example :
The database returns the following
Game 1:  Start Date = Apr, End Date = June , Hence Length = 3
Game 2:  Start Date = Feb, End Date = Aug, Hence Length = 7
Game 2:  Start Date = Oct, End Date = Nov, Hence Length = 2

Jan    Feb   Mar   Apr   May  June  July  Aug  Sept  Oct  Nov Dec
Game 1     ---------------------[|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]--------------------------------------
Game 2     -------[|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]--------------------------
Game 3     ----------------------------------------------------------------[|||||||||||||||||]-----

Also, I should be able to get slider values.  Can this be done using Telerik or do I need to do this using Jquery or some other library.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2010, 03:39 PM
Hi mk ,
In this case, I would recommend that you use a slider with two dragHandles and set(get) the SelectionStart and SelectionEnd properties of the slider, instead of the Value property. For additional information on this functionality, please refer to our online demos (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/slider/examples/rangeslider/defaultcs.aspx).

Best wishes,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Slider
Asked by
mk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
Share this question
or