This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error loading RadChart image

5 Answers 316 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alex Tushinsky
Top achievements
Rank 2
Alex Tushinsky asked on 25 Nov 2009, 11:26 PM
I am using the Telerik RadChart (Q3 2009) with a DotNetNuke installation (5.1.4), in a custom module.  Everything has been working fine, but today I noticed that I'm getting a "Error loading RadChart Image" error message on my module.  I have both a development and a prod environment.  Development is a Windows 2008 R2 server (IIS 7.5), and Prod is a Windows 2003 (IIS 6) box.  The web.config files are identical, and everything works fine in dev, but not in prod (as is always the case).

In <system.webserver> <handlers>, I have:

<add name="ChartImage_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="../../ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" />

and also tried <add name="ChartImage_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" />  

and in <system.web> I have:

<add path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />

In my code, I also have a line that reads: RadChart1.HttpHandlerUrl = ResolveUrl("ChartImage.axd")

and I've also tried setting UseSession to false, and setting a temporary folder.  This produced exactly the same results, however, I did see the chart images being created in my temp folder.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.. any help is greatly appreciated!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Bartholomeo Rocca
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Nov 2009, 01:19 PM
Hello Alex,

This certainly looks like a problem related to incorrect configuration of the ChartHttpHandler in the web.config -- I noticed that in your system.webserver / handlers section the path attribute looks like path="../../ChartImage.axd" while in the system.web it looks like path="ChartImage.axd".

I believe it should be declared in the same way in both sections as it seems your development environment uses IIS7 (webserver section configuration) while your production environment uses IIS6 (system.web section configuration)

Greetings,
Bart.

Alex Tushinsky
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Nov 2009, 01:19 PM
As it turns out, there were two problems.  One was the difference in the paths between <system.web> and <system.webserver> of web.config, and the second was a re-direct configuration setup within DotNetNuke.  As a result, chartimage.axd never had a chance to be loaded.  Straightened out both issues, and now everything works as expected!
Joseph
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 08:30 PM
Hi,

I am having the same issue with the RadChart that opens in a RadWindow inside DNN.  I was able to update my web.config file, but I am still having the issue of the chart not showing.

Alex - in your post you mentioned "the second was a re-direct configuration setup within DotNetNuke"

Can you tell me what configuration setting you had to change?

Thanks,
Joe
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2010, 09:12 AM
Hello Joe,

You can find this discussed in this forum thread.

Kind regards,
Ves
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Chakrapani
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Mar 2012, 08:06 AM
Hi im also facing sme problem and my web.config handlers are listed below.

<httpHandlers>     
      <add verb="*" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>   
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>

Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Alex Tushinsky
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Bartholomeo Rocca
Top achievements