This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2017.1.118 availablity on nuget?

17 Answers 256 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marc asked on 27 Jan 2017, 03:54 PM

Hi:

Do you know when Kendo UI Professional build 2017.1.118 will be made available on your private nuget server?

Thanks

marc

17 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jan 2017, 12:57 PM

Hello Marc,

The Kendo UI Professional 2017.1.118 version is currently available NuGet. 

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Feb 2017, 08:29 PM

Thank you for the response.

However, I don't see the latest packages on your private nuget server.

I've tried two different logins, the latest packages I see for Kendo, UI for AspNet MVC, etc are 2016.3.1118.

Is the server checking for license expiration?

Thanks

marc

Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2017, 07:11 AM

Hello Marc,

Typically, if your license expire, you should not be able to get any content from the private NuGet feed. 

This might be related to NuGet cache and you can check if clearing it would resolve the issue (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/nuget/consume-packages/managing-the-nuget-cache).

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2017, 02:53 PM

Hi Ianko, I'm still having issues after clearing the cache.

From a command line I executed commands to purge the cache and then list all the packages on the Telerik server.

I have attached the file to show you what I've executed and what I see.  I don't see any of the 2017.1.118 packages.

The nuget server I'm using is https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget.

Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2017, 09:01 AM

Hello Marc,

Sorry, it was me that misled you. It appears that when your license , you will be able to get packages from the private NuGet feed, but only the version you have had an active license for. In order to get you will need an active license. 

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik by Progress
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2017, 09:40 AM

Hi Ianko,

No worries.  However my license is good until Nov 2017.  I can login in my account on the Telerik portal and download the packages that I need, so I know my license is still good.  So, how do we get the permissions on the Nuget Server fixed?  Do I need to open a support ticket?

Thanks

marc

Steliyan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2017, 12:31 PM
Hi Marc,

Can you try to open the following page using your browser using your www.telerik.com credentials: LINK.
If you are able to access the page, try installing the NuGet Package manually inside VisualStudio using the Package Manager Console, you can use the following command:
Install-Package KendoUIProfessional -Version 2017.1.118

If you can't open the page, please download Telerik ControlPanel: LINK
Try running it and check if you are seeing the purchase versions of the products.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Steliyan
Telerik by Progress
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2017, 02:51 PM

Hi Steliyan,

When I try to install from the package console, it fails.  I have passed the log below.

When I use the Telerik Control Panel or when I log into the Telerik portal, I can see and download all the current packages. 

I have tried using my account and the master account for my license as the login to the Nuget server.  They don't see any of the 2017.1.118 packages (Kendo, UI for AspNet MVC, etc).

Do you have any ideas what is happening, and I can't see the packages on the Nuget server?

Thanks

-marc

-------------------------

Install-Package KendoUIProfessional -Version 2017.1.118 -source Telerik

Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'KendoUIProfessional.2017.1.118' with respect to project 'ClaimsManager', targeting '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2'
Install-Package : Package 'KendoUIProfessional 2017.1.118' is not found in the following primary source(s): 'https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget'. Please verify all your online package sources are available (OR) package id, version
are specified correctly.At line:1 char:1
+ Install-Package KendoUIProfessional -Version 2017.1.118 -source Teler ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

Time Elapsed: 00:00:11.8866967

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2017, 02:55 PM

Hi Steliyan:

When I tried to install the package via the Package Manager Console, it doesn't find the it.  I have included the log below.  I tried both my account and the master account for this license.

When I use the Telerik Control Panel or the Telerik Web Portal, I can see all the 2017.1.118 products available for download.

Any clues as to what is happening? 

If you need me to open a support ticket, let me know.

Thanks

-marc

------------------------

Install-Package KendoUIProfessional -Version 2017.1.118 -source Telerik

Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'KendoUIProfessional.2017.1.118' with respect to project 'ClaimsManager', targeting '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2'
Install-Package : Package 'KendoUIProfessional 2017.1.118' is not found in the following primary source(s): 'https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget'. Please verify all your online package sources are available (OR) package id, version
are specified correctly.At line:1 char:1
+ Install-Package KendoUIProfessional -Version 2017.1.118 -source Teler ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

Time Elapsed: 00:00:11.8866967

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2017, 11:33 PM

I decided to check from a different Windows PC.  This one was outside my corporate network.  I have the same issues, I am not seeing the new packages.  Do you guys know what is happening?  Do I need to take this off the forum and open a support ticket?

Thanks

marc

Steliyan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2017, 08:10 AM
Hello Marc,

Changing the computer or the network shouldn't really make any difference, as you proven yourself. :)

You said you see all the version in the Telerik ControlPanel, however are they the purchase or the trial versions of the product? You can check the attachments, cp-trial-versions.png and cp-purchase-versions.png. The difference is that Telerik ControlPanel shows you products that you don't have license to, as the NuGet server provides you only with files that you already have access to.
Please check what you are seeing in Telerik ControlPanel and write us back.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Steliyan
Telerik by Progress
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2017, 09:00 AM

The control panel tells me I have update available.  I can also see the 2017.1.118 release files from the web portal.  Please see the attached screen shot.

Thanks

-marc

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2017, 09:10 AM

and here is a screen shot from the the Telerik Control Panel showing that I have access to the latest Kendo release.

-marc

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2017, 09:11 AM

Here is a screen shot of the the Telerik Control Panel showing that I have access to the latest Kendo release.

-marc

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2017, 09:11 AM

Here is a screen shot from the Telerik Control panel, showing that I have access to the latest Kendo release.

-marc

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2017, 12:07 AM

Hi, since I have not heard back from you.  I'm going to close this thread and open a support incident.

Thanks

-marc

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2017, 09:45 AM
Hello Marc,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Usually, when the issue is specific our team may need additional time for investigation.

As for opening a support incident, this can also speed up the process.

I noticed that this thread is linked in the ticket which is perfect as it will provide all of the information to the support engineer.

My colleague is working on the ticket and it will contact you once we have more information on the scenario.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1