This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2009 Q3 -- VS2010

4 Answers 195 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
G
Top achievements
Rank 1
G asked on 12 Nov 2009, 10:46 AM
I have been using VS2010 Beta 2, and have just downloaded the trial of 2009 Q3 Asp.Net Rad Controls, but when I go the design view of webpage I get the "Error Creating Control" on all of the Rad Controls, however using the code behind page I can access the Telerik.Web.UI no problems.

When in the Web Page Source code mode, i get the following on all Telerik tags: Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter.  The type of code is below.
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">  
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 

I have checked the web.config and all look OK:
            <controls> 
                <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>  
                <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>  
                <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>  
            </controls> 

However the website Run OK on execution?

Any ideas?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2009, 12:46 PM
Hi,

Yes, this is a limitation in Visual Studio 2010 we identified recently and we are working closely with the guys at Microsoft for having this fixed.

We just added a post to the forums regarding this problem.

I'm pasting the content for reference:

1. You won't get the design time or the intellisense broken if you perform these two steps when closing your project in VS2010:
  • Open a page, containing a RadControl in design mode (ignore the design mode errors);
  • Close the IDE. The next load of the solution in Visual Studio 2010 should open the page in design mode again, but the designers should be loaded successfully and the intellisense should be working properly.

2. Add the Telerik.Web.UI assembly to the GAC or copy it to the [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies folder. The Visual Studio IDE would load the Telerik.Web.UI assembly properly.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Ryan Means
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2010, 08:37 PM
Was there any progress made with Microsoft on this issue.  We just upgraded to the RTM of Visual Studio 2010 and the telerik tag prefix in the web.config file was not recognized by intellisense until I added the Telerik.Web.UI to the GAC.
Ryan Means
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2010, 08:50 PM
I found that by registering the Telerik.Web.UI.Design assembly it made intellisense work correctly.

<controls>  
                <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>   
                <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>   
                <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>   
                <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI.Design"/>   
</controls>  

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2010, 10:46 AM
(I know it's quite an old thread, but anyway, here's another possible solution for the problem)

In my case, the problem was caused by an old version of Telerik.Web.Design.dll in the bin folder of my web app. Once I deleted this dll the problem went away.

I'm only referencing Telerik.Web.UI.dll from my web app (via a .refresh file), but somehow/somewhen the old version of Telerik.Web.Design.dll was also added to the bin folder.

Hope this helps.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
G
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Ryan Means
Top achievements