This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

'Telerik' is undefined

46 Answers 2301 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Maxime
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maxime asked on 19 Oct 2007, 02:44 PM
Hi,

I want to evaluate the radScheduler component. I have dowloanded the latest version of Prometheus.

I only put a on a radScheduler component on a form with a datasource but at exection I obtain the following popup message :

'Telerik' is undefined

The code generated is  :

</
div><div class="rsFooter">

<a class="rsFullTime" href="#">Show 24 hours...</a>

</div><script type="text/javascript">

Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.FixHeight("RadScheduler1");

<

PS : My global settings for my machine are "French".

Best regards,

46 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2007, 03:16 PM
Hi Sébastien FLEURIET,

We have encountered such an error before. "Telerik" is undefined indicates that for some reason the JavaScript files which support RadScheduler (and the whole "Prometheus" suite) are not loaded.

Could you please open a formal support ticket and attach your page there? It will help us trace the problem and provide a solution

Greetings,
Albert
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2007, 03:17 PM
Hi Sébastien FLEURIET,

We have encountered such an error before. "Telerik" is undefined indicates that for some reason the JavaScript files which support RadScheduler (and the whole "Prometheus" suite) are not loaded.

Could you please open a formal support ticket and attach your page there? It will help us trace the problem and provide a solution

Greetings,
Albert
the Telerik team

Maxime
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Oct 2007, 08:27 AM
Hi,

Problem solved.

On another machine it's ok. The problem seems to come from my Visual Studio.

Best regards,
Sheepdog
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2007, 07:54 PM
I to am getting the same error.
'Telerik" is Undefined

I have a basic page, within a master page, a web control and the rad scheduler.

attached is the form page

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" title="Untitled Page" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"

Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="RadCalendar.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radCln" %>

<%@ Register Src="BulletinBanner.ascx" TagName="BulletinBanner" TagPrefix="uc1" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<uc1:BulletinBanner ID="HomeBulletinBanner" runat="server" />

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rsDefault">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rsDefault" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<br />

&nbsp;<telerik:RadScheduler ID="rsDefault" runat="server" AllowDelete="False" AllowEdit="False">

</telerik:RadScheduler>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px"

Width="75px">

<asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/Loading.gif" />

</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

</asp:Content>

This is the codebehind:

Option Explicit On

Option Strict On

Imports System.Data

Partial Class _Default

Inherits SecurityClass

Protected Sub Page_PreInit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.PreInit

PageSecurityLevel = 1

End Sub

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

HomeBulletinBanner.Pagename = PageName

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then

getCalendarData()

End If

End Sub

Private Sub getCalendarData()

Dim myBal As New BAL

Dim myDs As DataSet

Dim dCurMonthStartDate As Date

Dim dCurMonthEndDate As Date

Try

dCurMonthStartDate = Date.Parse(Now.Month.ToString & " " & "01, " & Now.Year.ToString)

dCurMonthEndDate = GetMonthEndDate(Now.Month, Now.Year)

myDs = myBal.GetPromos(dCurMonthStartDate, dCurMonthEndDate)

rsDefault.DataSource = myDs

rsDefault.DataKeyField = "EventID"

rsDefault.DataStartField = "StartDate"

rsDefault.DataSubjectField = "Title"

rsDefault.DataEndField = "EndDate"

rsDefault.DataBind()

Catch ex As Exception

Throw

End Try

End Sub

End Class

Dave Friedel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2007, 11:37 PM
Same error here.  Not sure why though.  I installed the AJAX from Microsoft and your Prometheus libraries.  Is there any way to manually place the javascript in the right location?

D.
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2007, 06:36 AM
Hello Dave,

There is a help topic for RadMenu which treats the same issue. Please, consider case #2 from this article as well as the "See also" links at the bottom.

I hope this helps.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team

Sheepdog
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2007, 12:30 PM

Dave,

I fixed my problem by adding code to my web.config file. I looked into the examples that Telerik provides for Prometheus. I ran the solution, and it worked. So that told me that it was not a problem with my box.

I looked at the web.config file in the examples, and noticed a lot of code that was not in mine. So bascialy I copied that parts mine did not contain that applied only to the script manager, and the scheduler. I obviously didnt copy over any appsettings or connection strings. And that seemed to work for me....

Here is what my web.config file looks like now...

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--

Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the

web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use

the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.

A full list of settings and comments can be found in

machine.config.comments usually located in

\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config

-->

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="M360WS.M360WebService" value="http://localhost/Marketing360/Webservice/M360WebService.asmx"/>

<add key="webdev.AppAuth" value="http://webdev/WS_AppAuth/AppAuth.asmx"/>

</appSettings>

<connectionStrings/>

<system.web>

<!--

Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging

symbols into the compiled page. Because this

affects performance, set this value to true only

during development.

Visual Basic options:

Set strict="true" to disallow all data type conversions

where data loss can occur.

Set explicit="true" to force declaration of all variables.

-->

<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

<add assembly="System.Drawing.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

</assemblies>

</compilation>

<!--BELOW This was copied from the example code-->

<httpHandlers>

<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>

<add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>

<add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.2.1010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"></add>

<add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.2.1010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"></add>

<add verb="*" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.2.1010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false"/>

</httpHandlers>

<httpModules>

<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

</httpModules>

<!--ABOVE This was copied from the example code-->

<pages>

<controls>

<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

</controls>

<namespaces>

<clear/>

<add namespace="System"/>

<add namespace="System.Collections"/>

<add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>

<add namespace="System.Configuration"/>

<add namespace="System.Text"/>

<add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>

<add namespace="System.Web"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>

<add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>

</namespaces>

</pages>

<!--

The <authentication> section enables configuration

of the security authentication mode used by

ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.

-->

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

<!--

The <customErrors> section enables configuration

of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs

during the execution of a request. Specifically,

it enables developers to configure html error pages

to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">

<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />

<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />

</customErrors>

-->

</system.web>

<system.webServer>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>

<modules>

<add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

</modules>

<handlers>

<remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>

<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

</handlers>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

HOPE THIS HELPS
Sheepdog out....

Dave Friedel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2007, 05:31 PM
wow... here is another one for the community...

I figured it out why my case was failing..  If we specify a 

ScriptManager.ScriptPath = <some path>

telerik's location gets overrided and it fails to find the scripts.

Gotta luv it :)

Cheers.
D.

Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Dec 2007, 08:41 PM
Hey,

I got this error, but resolved it by changing the LoadScriptsBeforeUI attribute in ScriptManager.  It was false, but changing it to true prevented this error.

This is a shame as I did really want to load the majority of the UI before the scripts.  Pretty sure this is better for SEO benefits too.

LoadScriptsBeforeUI="true" />
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2007, 11:43 PM
I had this frustrating error and what Sheepdog suggested up there ^^^ totally fixed it for me (about modifying the web.config file to mimic what's in the example on the telerik site)  I copied and pasted what he said to into my web.config file and voila!  It works great.  Thanks bro!
Dave Friedel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Dec 2007, 12:57 AM
It popped up again for me.  I am unsure how to reproduce it (those dreaded small samples) but it only happens with Telerik and Microsoft's AJAX.  I moved to a different scheduler with Microsoft's AJAX and it works fine.  I made all the changes above but will revisit Prometheus later.

D.
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2007, 09:05 AM
Hi Dave,

The problem could be caused by the web.config settings. You need to include the settings for a new ASP.NET Ajax Web Site. Have you checked this?

Peter
the Telerik team

Dave Friedel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2007, 12:11 AM
Yes.  I double checked.  The scheduler will display but all the links are nulled.

D.
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Dec 2007, 10:14 AM
Hi

I am getting the same problem.

'Telerik' is undefined.

This deos not happen in my VS 2008 development environment. However it does occur in my "Test" environment.

I have checked and re-checked my web.config and it contains all the necessary sections for an Ajax enabled website.

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards

David
Rainz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Dec 2007, 02:19 PM
Same problem in VS 2008 / Vista
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Dec 2007, 02:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Did anyone manage to isolate the problem in a simple web site? This would of great help to find what is causing this error.

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Dec 2007, 09:37 PM
Hi

It seems quite difficult to isolatre in a test project however you can see it happening at http://daresoft.no-ip.co.uk/McDiamonds

Please note that it is running from my loft so can be quite slow, but it does get there in the end.

Perhaps you can see what is happening from the "View Source".

Kind Regards

David
Rainz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Dec 2007, 02:57 PM
Here's the problem on my dev machine (view with IE7):
http://dev.netmasons.com/teleriktesting

If anyone has solved this bug please let me know.

Thanks

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jan 2008, 04:02 PM
Hello Rainz,

If you are using RadScriptManager and you receive the "Telerik is undefined" error the http handler is probably not registered in your web.config. Please check for the presence of:

<httpHandlers> 
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" /> 
</httpHandlers> 

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Jan 2008, 07:44 PM
Hi

I am using hte RadScriptManager, and this line is inserted into my web.config file.

Any other ideas ?

Kind ERgards

David
Dave Friedel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jan 2008, 08:08 PM
I have one... I build my pages dynamically in the Page_Init routine - which loads the modules dynamically.  I can only guess that the error occurs because something does not get written at the correct time during the generation of the page but have checked and all the html seems in order.

I have come to a dead-end trying to figure this out and it is the only thing I can come up with.  I also create the ScriptManager on the page dynamically during the Page_Init routine.  I have used other vendors controls supporting Microsoft Ajax and they work with my method - but prefer Telerik's codebase - actually I wish I could just use Telerik's Ajax - but prometheus seems to be the roadmap.

hope this helps narrow it down some. 
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Jan 2008, 09:02 PM
Hi

This may or may not help any of you with the same problem.

My FIX (hooray) for this problem was to include the language="javascript" property in a <script> tag in the <head> tag block.

This has fixed two of my websites so I am now a very happy man and might just go down the pub.

Kind Regards

David
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Jan 2008, 01:33 AM
Hi

I might have been a little bit premature in my celebrations. I didn't go to the pub when my websites seemsed to be working, but stayed and played around with them. It seems that the problem has returned.

I have two projects that are exhibiting this error.

1. A .NET 2.0 VS 2005 website
2. A .NET 3.5 VS 2008 project

I also have a third project which does not exhibit this phenomena.

So ... What next to try ?

Kind REgards

David
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2008, 08:47 AM
Hello David,

After inspecting your site I found out that requesting http://84.65.125.118:8083/McDiamonds/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd returns 404 for some reason.

This URL is rendered by RadScriptManager and represents the http handler serving JavaScript resources. The 404 error is effectively causing the "Telerik is undefined" error because no telerik scripts have been loaded. It also appears that some other HTTP handler ThumbHandler.ashx also returns 404. I have attached a screenshot from FireBug. It seems to me that http handlers do not work for some reason despite they are registered in the web.config. Maybe it's because you are web application is running in Integrated mode (IIS7).
You can try inserting the http handler registration inside <system.webServer> instead of <system.web>:

<system.webServer> 
    <httpHandlers>  
        <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />  
    </httpHandlers>  
</system.webServer> 

I hope this helps,
Albert
the Telerik team

hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Jan 2008, 12:40 AM
Hi Guys

This has helped enourmously.

In IIS7 against the Website in question you can add Handlers. I added the two offending handlers and off the website went without the offending message.

This is great.

Thanks

David
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jan 2008, 09:19 PM
Hello,
I have been playing with the new Prometheus code and I have the "Telerik is undefined" error in my project as well.  I have tried all of the solutions suggested in this post and I don't have an OutputCache page directive anywhere in my site.  Are you still working on resolutions for this problem?  I would love to start using Prometheus but am waiting to do so until I can resolve this problem.  Thanks for your help!
Michael
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jan 2008, 08:16 AM
Hello Michael,

Could you provide more information such as specifying your web server, operating system, exact version of Telerik.Web.UI and which controls you use? A live url demonstrating the problem would be very helpful as well.  

Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team

hacheyj
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Mar 2008, 02:44 PM
I ran into this problem as well - ends up it was because authentication on the rest of the site - placing the following in my web config fixed it up:

<location path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd">  
    <system.web> 
      <authorization> 
        <allow users="*"/>  
      </authorization> 
    </system.web>    
  </location> 

A
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2008, 03:00 PM
Ok, here is the solution for VISTA/WindowsServer2008, IIS7, .NET 3.5

Add the telerik WebResource handler below to the system.WebServer section of your web.config

<system.webServer>

<

handlers>

<

add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd_" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

</system.webServer>

</

handlers>

DotNetGuy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2008, 01:30 AM
Wow ya im getting the same error.  I am indeed using IIS7 with windows vista.  The fix you just posted doesnt work for me.  the web.config file does not recognize the <handler> part under <system.webserver>.  Could you retype that if there was an error?

I have this project loaded on:
IIIS 5.1
IIS 7
ASP.NET Development Server (VS virtual server)

It works on IIS 5.1 and ASP.NET Development Server but not on IIS7 for some reason.  Could this be the reason why it is not working?  Does Telerik support Vista yet?

Thanks in advance
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2008, 07:41 AM
Hello jerrod,

RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax fully support Vista and IIS7. Please review this help topic for more info about HTTP handler registration.

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Louise Haugsted Knudsen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2008, 10:25 PM
Hello guyes.... I know this i an old post, but i just wanted to add a comment on why this problems can occour when you upgrade to the new IIS 7.0.

I was running my site on IIS 6 and everything worked fine. But after installing Windows Server 2008 and thereby also IIS 7 i got this problem.

I found out that my problem was caused by how the application pools act in IIS 7 by default.

An application pool is set to run "Integrated" managed pipeline Mode. This causes this error to. From IIs manager you must switch over to Classic managed pipeline mode to get the telerik radmenu to work again!

Hope this might help somebody if they encounter same problem as i did!

:-)
Wardeaux
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2008, 07:04 PM
sven,
 that was the trick... AppPool... sheez!! such an easy thing... such a pain to find!  THANKS so much!!
wardeaux
Darren Hall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2008, 03:55 PM
Please note that it is better to get your app running in integrated mode than to switch it back to classic mode (you can configure your app to do so much more such as applying ASP.NET forms authentication to non-asp.net requests like static files, classic ASP files, etc).

To do so you just need to add the Telerik handlers to the <handlers> section of <system.webserver>, give them a 'name' attribute (it doesn't matter what), remove the 'validate="false"' attribute and add a preCondition="integratedMode" attribute.  You will need to do this for at least the webresource handler and if you use the telerik editor, also the spellcheckhandler and dialoghandler.

e.g. you end up with

<system.webServer> 
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>  
    <modules> 
      <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  
    </modules> 
    <handlers> 
      <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>  
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  
      <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  
      <add name="WebResource" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.619.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" 
        preCondition="integratedMode" /> 
      <add name="SpellCheckHandler" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.619.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" 
       preCondition="integratedMode"/>  
      <add name="DialogHandler" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.619.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" 
      preCondition="integratedMode" /> 
    </handlers> 
  </system.webServer> 

where the last three items are the handlers you have to add, the rest having been automatically added by Telerik (I don't know why the last three are not auto added!).

Darren
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2008, 04:15 PM

Hello guys,

Please check this new blog post which sheds more light on the discussed issue.

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Rolus
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Aug 2008, 03:28 PM
I had the same "telerik undefined" script error, using version 2008.2.723.35. After searching for a very longtime I found a radmultipage wich had the EnableEmbeddedScripts set to false. To prove my manager that was the only error causing the javascript error I built a simplewebsite containing 1 page.
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication2._Default" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.723.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" OutputCompression="AutoDetect">  
        </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
    <div> 

<telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedScripts="false" RenderSelectedPageOnly="true" SelectedIndex="1">  
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView1" runat="server">  
                RadPageView 1  
            </telerik:RadPageView> 
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView2" runat="server">  
                RadPageView 2  
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView3" runat="server">  
                RadPageView 3  
        </telerik:RadMultiPage> 

</div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

Maybe it saves someone time searching for a solution.
Greetings!
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 21 Aug 2008, 06:32 AM
Hi Rolus,

By default JavaScript files are served as web resources (embedded in the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly).

For custom deployment scenarios you can specify an alternative location for JavaScript files. To do so you should set the EnableEmbeddedScripts property to false. Then, the JavaScript files will not be loaded from the assembly.

You will also need to add a script reference for each JavaScript file through the ScriptManager or RadScriptManager.

A list of the JavaScript files used by RadMultiPage for ASP.NET AJAX can be found below. You need to register only the JavaScript files required by the controls you are currently using. Common JavaScript files (e.g. Core.js) should be registered only once.

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">  
    <Scripts> 
        <asp:ScriptReference Path="~/Scripts/Common/Core.js" /> 
        <asp:ScriptReference Path="~/Scripts/TabStrip/MultiPage/RadMultiPageScripts.js" /> 
    </Scripts> 
</telerik:RadScriptManager> 

All JavaScript files are available in the distribution (EXE, ZIP and hotfix) of RadControls' "Scripts" folder.

Note that the order of the js files registered for most of RadControls is important since there are some dependencies between the javascript files of a single control. Therefore it is recommended to follow the exact order of the script references from the table below.

All the best,
Paul
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Senthil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Sep 2008, 10:33 AM
Dudes.. Its too silly but this is what in my case. Check the system date, and set it to current date! I do not really understand the things behind this, but it solved the prupose!
Shamon Larson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2009, 10:58 PM
I tried nearly everyhing in this list to no avail. And it finally dawned on me to check my URLScan logs. The querystring length for the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd was too long. So I adjusted it and all is well.

Just thought I'd post in case someone forgot like me.
Larry
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jan 2009, 05:09 PM
I had a strange problem with users who must use Windows 2000 and IE6.  I wrote a web part that can create a control with multiple tab, multiple page, and multiple grid objects.  The web part can be bound to a SQL database tables and allows the user to perform CRUD (create, retrieve, update, and delete) operations.

The web part works great on my test machine; which is a virtual machine with Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server 2005 and SharePoint 2007.  When I deploy the web part to my production SharePoint server, it also works greate with my Windows XP operating system and IE6.  (I know most of the software I mention is older, but not all corporations have moved to Vista.)

Some of my users who have Windows 2000 were getting the error "Telerik is undefined" after navigating to the page that had the web part deployed on the page.  Not all of them, but enough to be problematic.  Those users that were having the problem, it was found that if they go to TOOLS --> INTERNET OPTIONS --> GENERAL tab and click the "Delete Files" under the Temporary Internet Files section, close down all browsers, open a browser and navigate back to the same page, the tabs, the grids, command item templates, and paging all work every time.  But how can you require that a user perform this action every time they navigate to the page?  Well, the answer is "you can't and shouldn't".

Luckly, I have some bright users who enjoy tinkering.  One of them who was helping me test, clicked on the menu TOOLS --> INTERNET OPTIONS --> ADVANCED tab and just started reading all the options that were available on the ADVANCED tab.  He found one named "Do not save encrypted pages to disk".  He checked it, closed the browser, restarted a browser session, navigated to the page with the web part and it worked.  He closed the browser and navigated several more times to the page and it worked.  He found the problem.

Now the funny part, my browser had the option unchecked and it worked every time.  The difference is I am using Windows XP and he is using Windows 2000.  We are both using IE6.  Apparently the browsers handle encrypted pages differently.  I should mention, that I discovered, by looking at the HTML source, that not all of the page was encrypted, just certain parts (I assume which are javascript for the Telerik product).  Because a certain part of the page is encrypted, I cannot tell what it is doing or what generated it.  But it must be cached and used the next time the user tries to open the page.

Anyway, what solved my problem.  Just check this option "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" on Windows 2000 workstations, and the "Telerik is undefined" error goes away.

By the way, I am using the 2008.1.515.35 version of the grid.
Larry
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Jan 2009, 01:26 AM
I was going crazy with this problem.  Look at my post at the bottom of the blog.  It may provide a clue.
aabdan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Apr 2009, 01:55 PM
Thank you very much Senthil
now it is work (Telerik is Undefined)

Best Wishes
Ahmad Abdan
Modern
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2009, 11:14 AM
Thank you Senthi it was the datetime of my pc, but that\s so strange
kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2010, 08:10 PM
Wow this helped. Just add Handler in Handler Mapping in IIS7

Request Path

Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd

Type

Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=(your version), Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=(from your web.config)

Name

Telerik

Worked for me!

Thanks
TallOne
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 15 Sep 2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks Senthil !  That was our issue as well! Unbelievable!
Vina
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2011, 04:56 AM
After long hours of searching and trying out stuff.. your's works!
Apparently my web.config file is missing :

<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
<add assembly="System.Drawing.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

and missing;

<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
<add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>

Once I put them in, the error is gone! Thanks again!
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Maxime
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Maxime
Top achievements
Rank 1