This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad editor not working for web vpn

4 Answers 118 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
chetali
Top achievements
Rank 1
chetali asked on 08 Sep 2008, 03:45 AM
Hi,

I could successfully install the RAD Editor for my application and got it working for all the browsers.However, it is not woking for mozilla over web vpn connection. I cant type anything although the RAD rich text editor is visible.
Please let me know a fix for this.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2008, 01:39 PM
Hello,

I assume that the editor is working fine in Internet Explorer. If you are using the Cisco VPN solution, then the problem is that the VPN server rewrites all client script files (.js files) when they are transferred to the client. Unfortunately, this solution is not cross-browser compatible and it breaks some of the RadEditor scripts in Firefox so the editor becomes unusable. We have already contacted Cisco about this issue and they suggested a workaround - enabling the Smart Tunnel option for the site's bookmark will stop the scripts from being overwritten and the editor should work again in Firefox.

Sincerely yours,
Lini
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
chetali
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2008, 05:54 AM
Hey thanks for the reply.This has helped me a lot.
Aksaa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2011, 07:07 AM
Are Telerik controls supported by Cisco VPN connection for IE? I am getting issues(not loading page-shows telerik undefined) when the web site is accessed by VPN.

Awaiting reply...

regards
Aksaa
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2011, 03:10 PM
Hi Aksaa,

We have clients who are using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX with Cisco VPN. If there is a problem, it is due the configuration of the VPN. In the post of my colleague  you can find the following line "they suggested a workaround - enabling the Smart Tunnel option for the site's bookmark".  I suggest you to contact the Cisco VPN administrator and check if this option is enabled.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get now >>

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
chetali
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
chetali
Top achievements
Rank 1