This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Toolbar Images Missing

13 Answers 180 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian asked on 09 Jul 2008, 03:54 PM
Hi,

I have successfully deployed the rad editor for MOSS in my MOSS environment. After activating the feature and performing an iisreset, the editor shows up. However, it seems that all the "MOSS" specific toolbar buttons fail to display properly. As I hover over all the buttons, there are 6 that do not show a proper icon. These 6 are: MOSSInsertTable, MOSSInsertTableElement, MOSSDeleteTableElement, MOSSLinkManager, MOSSLeftToRight, and MOSSRightToLeft. Any reason these would not be displaying properly?

-Brian

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2008, 08:53 AM
Hi Brian,

Unfortunately, the provided information is not sufficient for us to determine what the exact reason for the problem is. Could you please open a support ticket and send us more details about your scenario, along with some screenshots demonstrating the behavior? What version of RadEditor for MOSS are you using?

We will do our best to provide a solution.

Sincerely,
George
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Rasmus Lindgren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Aug 2008, 02:23 PM
In order to show all the icons for all tools that start with "MOSS". eg. "MOSSInsertTable", "MOSSLinkManager" etc.

Ensure that you have the stylesheet included:
/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.2.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/ToolImages/RadEditorStyles_[SKIN].css

E.g.
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.2.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/ToolImages/RadEditorStyles_Default.css"/>

Cheers
Rasmus
Amit Bhuttan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 May 2010, 09:41 PM
@Rasmus where exactly we need to give this link of stylesheet?
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2010, 07:40 AM
Hi Amit,

What version of RadEditor for MOSS are you using?

Best wishes,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Amit Bhuttan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for replying. Its 5.6.2
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2010, 01:27 PM
Hello Amit Bhuttan,

The images that you mention are located in the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\wpresources\RadEditorSharePoint\5.6.2.0__1f131a624888eeed\Resources\ToolImages folder. What I suggest you to do is check if the requests for these images are processed correctly. You can do this by using debugging tool such as fiddler. For your convenience I attached a couple of screen shots. In my test I used the latest version of RadEditor, which now is 5.7.3, but there are no changes made regarding these images from 5.6.2.

In the iedevelopertoolvartest.png you can see the styling of the MOSSLinkManger tool.
In the fiddlertestimages.png you can see the server replies for these images.

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Amit Bhuttan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried using fiddler but the only thing which gets recorded in it is MossEditorTools.js....I can't see any images getting into it. I can see the missing icon toolbar only when I am in edit mode and fiddler is not catching that. I can provide you image of our editor if u require.
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2010, 07:39 AM
Hi Amit,

For your convenience I attached a small video where you can see my fiddler test. In it you can see that In order to receive any results in Fiddler I need to refresh the page after the first time I am in edit mode of the web part.

Check if the files which are in the /wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.6.2.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/ToolImages folder has the right credentials.

In addition conduct the following test: In the address bar of the browser you are using insert the URL which points to one of the problematic images. For example http://[Your site domain]/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.6.2.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/ToolImages/MOSSLinkManager.gif. You should be able to see the image in the browser.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Amit Bhuttan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jun 2010, 03:45 PM
I am getting all the images which are missing when I am trying to access it in a browser
http://<sitename>/_wpresources.....
but I am not getting anything in fiddler even I refresh it only thing I am getting is MossEditorTools.js thats it.If there is some bug in version I am using as I am using previous version somewhere else and its working fine.

Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2010, 01:45 PM
Hi Amit,

No, there are no known issues with 5.6.2 version of RadEditor for MOSS and the toolbar images. I tested the problem with this version as well and I was not able to reproduce it.

Could you please check if uninstalling and reinstalling the solution will solve the problem. You can find the uninstalling instructions in the following online help article: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/uninstalling-radeditor.html. Just make sure that you execute iisreset command after each operation.

Also you can check if upgrading to the latest version of the control, which now is 5.7.3, will solve the problem? You can find the upgrade instructions in the following online help article: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/upgrade_to_a_newer_version_of_radeditor_for_moss.html

Greetings,
Stanimir
the Telerik team

Frederic Dobon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2010, 05:17 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem and solve it.

You have customized your MasterPage and deleted the tag :

<SharePoint:CssLink runat="server"/>

in the head bloc. Doing this, the telerik radeditor can not insert a link to its css. Just add it manually :

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.6.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/ToolImages/RadEditorStyles_Default.css"/>

Regards,
Frederic Dobon
Amit Bhuttan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I think its make sense I have customized my master page but with this everytime I will upgrade my Radeditor version I need to change this link in master page.Like yours is 5.6.00...
I am using 5.6.2..If there is any way we can have some link and we don't need to change it again and again.

Thanks,
Amit
Frederic Dobon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2010, 10:23 AM
Hi,

Has i wrote on my last post : You have customized your MasterPage and deleted the tag :

<SharePoint:CssLink runat="server"/>

I deleted it to purpose (to not have the core.css).

You have two "easy" solutions :
1°) - Write back the tag <SharePoint:CssLink runat="server"/> in the header of the page
or
2°) - Write the line manually
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.6.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/ToolImages/RadEditorStyles_Default.css"/>

Perhaps you can find a way to insert dynamically the version of the RadEditor like coding a custom "controltemplate" that build and insert the line for you.

Regards
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Rasmus Lindgren
Top achievements