This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Build 2011_1_609 - Failed to get handle on Chrome

1 Answer 37 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
San
Top achievements
Rank 1
San asked on 22 Jun 2011, 05:15 PM
Hi All,

First of all, just would like to say thanks to Telerik team on the release of Telerik_Testing_Framework_2011_1_609_FREE_EDITION.

I've been waiting for the fix for http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/test-studio/5080 and now this release makes me happy.

Now, my script can handle silverlight object in IE, FF, and Safari. But Chrome doesn't work. It can not handle silverlight app and then throws exception.

If anyone else used to experience this issue, please help me out.

Thanks 
San.

Here is my code.

Utilities.GlobalObject.SETTINGS = new Settings(BrowserType.InternetExplorer, Utilities.GlobalFolder.REPOSITORY_WEBAii_LOG, Utilities.GlobalRunning.SERVER_URL);

Utilities.GlobalObject.SETTINGS.EnableSilverlight = true;
            Utilities.GlobalObject.SETTINGS.SilverlightConnectTimeout = 60000;
            Utilities.GlobalObject.SETTINGS.ExecuteCommandTimeout = 60000;

Utilities.GlobalObject.MANAGER = new Manager(Utilities.GlobalObject.SETTINGS);
            Utilities.GlobalObject.MANAGER.Start();
            Utilities.GlobalObject.MANAGER.LaunchNewBrowser();

And the problem comes from this line

Utilities.GlobalObject.SILVERLIGHTAPP = Utilities.GlobalObject.MANAGER.ActiveBrowser.SilverlightApps()[0];

It takes so long long time, and then throw an exception 

"System.TimeoutException: Timeout trying to connect to Silverlight App.\r\n   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Silverlight.SilverlightApp.WaitUntilExtensionCreated(String extensionCall)\r\n   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Silverlight.SilverlightApp.Connect(Int32 timeout)\r\n   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Silverlight.SilverlightApp.Connect()\r\n   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Silverlight.SilverlightAppsList.get_Item(Int32 index)\r\n   at SM2WelcomePage.WelcomePage.loginSuccess()"

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jun 2011, 11:32 PM
Hi San,

I have replicated the problem in both Chrome and Safari (true IE is working good now). I have reactivated the bug and assigned it to the developer to have another look at this.

Kind regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Register today for a live 'What's New in Test Studio R1 2011 SP2' event on Tuesday, July 19 at 2pm EST!

Have you looked at the new Online User Guide for Telerik Test Studio?
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
San
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Cody
Telerik team
Share this question
or