Build a Windows Phone 7 app. Make $100 for YOUR user group!
Have an idea about a Windows Phone 7 app? Are you a member of a developer user group?
Grow your Windows Phone 7 development skills while giving back to the user group community! For each eligible app you publish at the Windows Phone 7 marketplace, Telerik, PreEmptive Solutions, and Microsoft will donate 100 USD to your user group.
You still get to keep the app!
You can possibly even make some quick cash by selling your application on the Windows Phone 7 marketplace.
Eligible User Groups
- All user groups registered with INETA (www.ineta.org)
- All user groups registered with Telerik (not necessarily .net user groups). You can register with Telerik by emailing Emily Parker (Emily.Parker@telerik.com)
- The offer is limited to the first 500 participants as judged by the timestamp on the email submission to email@example.com.
Eligible Windows Phone 7 Applications
To claim the prize (a donation of 100 USD for your user group), the user group leader must email Telerik (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 9th 2011 with the following information:
- The user group name
- Link to the user group website
- Link to the approved Windows Phone 7 application in the Windows Phone Marketplace
- List of Telerik controls used by the application
- Organization and application name used to identify mobile analytics inside the Runtime Intelligence portal
There is no limit to the number of solutions a user group can submit. Please allow Telerik 30 days to pay out the prizes following the end of this usergroup offer.
How Will Telerik RadControls and PreEmptive Runtime Intelligence for Windows Phone Help Your Development
RadControls for Windows Phone helps you deliver better-looking applications to the marketplace faster. These 20 native Windows Phone controls provide you with the means to easily build rich and lightning-fast mobile apps. Tuned for exceptional performance, the suite makes your applications shine with rich and responsive UI, even while the controls are performing some heavy lifting on the backend. What is more, they blend beautifully with the Windows Phone 7 Metro UI Guidelines ensuring that your applications will never be rejected by the marketplace for the features and functionality contained in our control suite. The suite offers controls and capabilities that are currently not available in the UI Toolbox for Windows Phone 7 and not even in the OS. With RadGauge already released, and SparkLine (a simple Line Chart) and BulletGraph in the pipeline, RadControls for Windows Phone are being diligently developed to fill the gap in the data visualization space.
Runtime Intelligence (RI) is the first of a new breed of application analytics designed to meet development, product owner, and consumer-facing stakeholders by providing near real-time visibility into application adoption, user behaviors, and runtime quality. Specific capabilities not found in typical analytics technologies include feature duration, custom data fields, exception reporting, encrypted messaging, offline caching, and the ability to encode and enforce opt-in policies. Knowing which features are really being used, how often, and in what combinations are what will unlock the door to true user-centered design and development. The break-out WP7 developer will be the one who most efficiently navigates through shifting market dynamics and deployment gotcha’s inherent in any emerging platform to focus on the features and form-factors that most appeal to their users. Runtime Intelligence provides critical information to help make this a reality for you and your app.
Getting RadControls for Windows Phone for Building Your App
Any of version Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone can be used:
- Pre-release: The beta release of RadControls for Windows Phone is non-expiring and can be downloaded for free and used in your solution free of charge or any royalties. Even when the RadControls’ commercial version is released, you will still not need to purchase a license for it, nor will you have to pay royalties for having used the product in your app.
- Post-release: Once the Telerik RadControls for Windows Phone are released as a fully functional, commercial product, user groups wishing to participate in the competition can email Telerik (email@example.com) and request a free license.
RadControls for Windows Phone
Getting PreEmptive Runtime Intelligence for Building Your App
- Simply register and download Runtime Intelligence for Windows Phone
- The registration will include a Dotfuscator for Windows Phone license and credentials to manage analyze your application analytics inside the Runtime Intelligence portal.
- Access to Dotfuscator and the Runtime Intelligence portal will be offered at no cost for qualifying applications for at least the 2011 calendar year. After which, developers may choose to continue the analytics service or opt-out. In either case, applications will not need to be resubmitted to the marketplace nor will app users experience any change in your app’s behavior.
- Note: while Dotfuscator for Windows Phone includes obfuscation functionality to prevent app reverse engineering, obfuscation is NOT required to instrument your app nor is it required for qualification under this offer for user groups.
Runtime Intelligence Service