The first service pack of 2014 is here and features nearly 80 bug fixes and improvements. Let me show you the highlights:
Improvements in the existing controls
- Added ability to upload files, which contain invalid characters for Windows, under Mac and Linux.
- Show More Results functionality.
- When uploading images via the Image Manager, the uploaded image will be selected so you can press 'insert' immediately after uploading.
- Improved pasting block elements within block elements produces valid XHTML content.
- When a table is inserted under IE, the cursor can be set outside of the table.
- Selecting an item in FileExplorer thumbnails view will scroll the item into view.
- When AsyncUpload is used in the FileExplorer, the uploaded file is selected immediately.
- Added GetDescriptionsDataCompleted event where the OLAP groups can be manipulated.
- Added a property for setting max number of items returned into FilteringWindow.
- Added the ability to changing the name of the Configuration panel’s “More fields” group folder in OLAP binding.
- Added the ability to remove “More fields” group folder and flatten all child fields from it.
- The Filtered state of PivotGrid can be persisted.
- Added AllowNaturalSort property.
- Improve RadTreeList item creation and rendering.
Critical bug fixes
We invested a serious amount of time in resolving many of the critical bugs and I would like to share some of them with you:
- Editor: Paste functionality in Firefox, Chrome and IE7 when ContentAreaMode is DIV.
- Editor: When pasting a heading from Word, the Word formatting is not stripped in FireFox.
- Editor: The inline spellchecker duplicates the content when there is a style tag under the content.
- Editor: The Image Properties dialog is empty with floated element in Chrome.
- TreeList: The Height property does not work correctly.
- ComboBox and DropDownTree: The controls are inconsistent relative to their height of the input and the margin/padding that is set relative to the browser.
- Dock: RenderMode=Auto results in a JS error and incorrect behavior of the control.
If you want to see a detailed list of all fixes and improvements, check the full Release Notes. You can also download a trial build and play with the online demos.
If you want to report a problem or raise the priority of an existing one, do not hesitate to use the Feedback portal. Please, be as descriptive as possible when explaining the experienced issue.