Support & Learning
Application Development and Deployment
Data Connectivity and Integration
Web Content Management
Get A Free Trial
close mobile menu
June 12, 2013
What's new in Telerik OpenAccess ORM Q2 2013
Bulk Update functionality through LINQ statements
- The runtime is now able to perform bulk update operations on the database server side, without loading the data in advance. The implementation uses a temporary table to keep the primary key values during the operation.
The provided API is an UpdateAll method as an extension for IQueryable:
context.Cars.Where(c=>c.Year < 1990).UpdateAll(u => u.Set(c => c.Price, c=> c.Price * 0.9));
Bulk Delete functionality through LINQ statements
- The runtime is now able to perform bulk delete operations on the database server side, without loading the data in advance. The implementation uses a temporary table to keep the primary key values during the operation.
The provided API is a DeleteAll method as an extension for IQueryable:
context.Cars.Where(c=>c.Year < 1990).DeleteAll();
Code Generation: New Settings added
- The following code generation options are made available out of the box under the Code Generation tab in the Model Settings dialog:
- Generate DataAnnotation Attributes: generates DataAnnotation Attributes (Required, Key, StringLength and DataType) for each property in your domain model based on the data types and constraints in the database;
- Implement IDataErrorInfo: provides an easy way to hook your validation logic by implementing a partial method in a partial class;
- Implement INotifyPropertyChanging;
- Implement INotifyPropertyChanged.
Visual Designer: Schema Migration completed with table removal capabilities
- The cleanup capabilities of the current Schema Migration functionality are enhanced with the ability to optionally remove tables that are not represented in the model
Domain Method Editor: Support for stored procedure return codes in MS SQL Server
- A new chechbox "Generate return value overload..." is added in the Domain Method Editor, visible only for specific cases for retrieving the return code from MS SQL Server.
Upgrade References: Report form added
- A report form for the results is automatically shown after Upgrade References functionality is executed in the Visual Studio.
Add OpenAccess Service: Make code generation aware of entity names pluralization to avoid second pluralization
- Add OpenAccess Service wizard will no longer append second pluralization of entities that are already in plural form when generating a Web API service.
Add OpenAccess Service: Visual Studio dialog freezes if a generated file is left open when the wizard is executed again, blocking menus and most of the functional keyboard keys
- Add OpenAccess Service wizard will no longer put Visual Studio in an unresponsive state
Batch Operations Dialog: The read-only cells were editable if 'F2' button is pressed
- All cells which show default text are now read only.
Cache Cluster: Creation of eviction messages can fail for certain types of primary key fields
- When types like DateTime, UInt32, UInt16, UInt64 are used as primary key fields, using the second level cache in a cache cluster setup was failing with exceptions. The workaround was to use long, int, short, or string instead. Currently the described types can also be used without causing failures.
Code Generation: Domain Methods generated from StoredProcedures with OUT parameters caused problems
- Fixed issues for Domain Methods with multiple result sets that have OUT parameters:
- The generated code caused compile time errors.
- The values for all out parameters were no read after the execution
- Runtime error was thrown when calling Oracle stored procedure with an out parameter of type string.
Domain Method Editor: Generation of domain methods with string parameters did not consider the length of the corresponding property
- The generated methods now takes into account the returned size of each string parameter from the Schema Read functionality
Enhancer: Warnings caused by the enhanced code
- The fields added by the OpenAccess Enhancer tool during the build process are now tagged with the compiler generated attribute to avoid unnecessary warnings.
LINQ: Unable to use a cast for the group key in a projection
- Casts specified on the group key were not supported and resulted in the following exception:
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Linq.Expressions.UnaryExpression' to type 'System.Linq.Expressions.MemberExpression'.
from p in this.Scope.Extent<Northwind.Product>()
group p by p.CategoryID into g
Key = (object)g.Key,
Count = g.Count()
Now such casts are working without an exception.
Runtime: Missing BindByName setting for Oracle commands when context.ExecuteQuery(sql,param) is used
- Now the BindByName setting of the Oracle driver is used
Visual Designer: If the rlinq file is edited outside the editor (e.g. with notepad) and after that the rlinq is reloaded from the Visual Studio, the Visual Studio was crashing
- Currently the Visual Designer remains stable while reloading a model edited separately.
Visual Designer: Guid columns are not automatically mapped when using Oracle
- Guid columns now correctly recieve default mapping regardless of the backend used.
Add OpenAccess Service: Support for Self-Reference associations in WCF Data Services v3
- The code generation for Data Services v.3 is enhanced in order to support Self-Reference associations
Code Generation: T4 templates refactored
- The Domain Model code generation T4 templates are fully refactored and simplified, which makes them much more extensible
Dynamic Data wizard: Automatic population of the Global.asax file with the correct information
- During the generation of Custom Pages the needed code is automatically added to the Global.asax file so the dynamic data is usable out-of-the-box.
Firebird: Client version updated to 3.0.2
- The default Firebird client used by OpenAccess ORM is updated to 3.0.2.
LINQ: Optimal support for paged and ordered queries with a simple distinct projection
- RadGridView allows dynamic filtering. When the filter dialog is shown, there is a list of maximum 1000 items that present the possible values to select.
This list content is calculated by queries like
Extent<RadGridWpfApp.Person>().Select(item => item.Birthday).Distinct().OrderBy(item => item).Take(1000)
This query would previously lead to a client side execution.
Oracle: Support for functions outside packages
- The OpenAccess Schema Read functionality for Oracle is now able to detect database functions that are not part of any package.
SchemaRead: Performance for Oracle Schema Reads has been improved
- The Schema Read performance for Oracle backends has been improved by redefining the index and procedure statements
SQLite: Support for SQLite 1.0.86
- OpenAccess ORM now supports SQLite version 1.0.86
Visual Designer: Accessibility improvements
- The Design Time wizards and dialogs of OpenAccess ORM are now better usable with JAWS and Microsoft Narrator