In this video you will learn how to get started building a web application based on an existing database using OpenAccess ORM reverse mapping. In addition you will learn how to extend the data model to include custom properties, and bind the data model to a RadGrid using the OpenAccessLinqDataSource.
This tutorial demonstrates best practices for managing a web application with Telerik OpenAccess ORM used for the Data Access Layer. This sample shows how to integrate the Telerik ASP.NET Ajax controls with Telerik OpenAccess ORM. A recommended approach for handling database interaction logic is on the spotlight. The front-end layer is smoothly developed with the Telerik ASP.NET Ajax controls which use a service functionally dependent on Telerik OpenAccess ORM.
||For more advanced ASP.NET demos, you could refer to the OpenAccess Samples Kit. It is an easy to use resource browser that includes various demos and relevant information for the developers. The samples are grouped by technology (ASP.NET, Silverlight, WPF, WCF, N-Tier, etc.) and can be filtered by programming language (C# or VB.NET) and complexity (levels 100-400). The OpenAccess Samples Kit is intended for browsing the code samples offline, so it should be downloaded and installed separately from the Telerik OpenAccess ORM product.|
The walkthroughs in this section are intended for users who are familiar with developing applications for ASP.NET by using Visual Studio and know how to work with Telerik OpenAccess ORM. To complete the walkthroughs, you must have the following installed:
- Telerik OpenAccess ORM, which can be downloaded from here.
- Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax, which can be downloaded from here.
- SofiaCarRental sample database.
In this section:
Samples Kit Demos
The OpenAccess Samples Kit includes the following ASP.NET demos:
- Sofia Car Rental ASP.NET Ajax example - demonstrates the best practices for implementing a solution with an ASP.NET Web Site project as a User Interface layer and OpenAccess ORM used in the Data Access Layer.
- Managing the OpenAccessContext - demonstrates best practices for managing the OpenAccessContext in web projects using OpenAccess ORM for implementing the data layer.
- CRUD example - demonstrates how the basic CRUD operations are performed using OpenAccess ORM.
- Dynamic data example with OpenAccess - shows how to integrate an OpenAccess model with dynamic data web application.
- Cascading delete with OpenAccess ORM - demonstrates how to delete a hierarchy of objects.
- Dynamic LINQ with OpenAccess and ASP.NET - shows how to use Telerik OpenAccess ORM with Dynamic LINQ.
- Hierarchical RadGrid with OpenAccess and ASP.NET - shows how to display hierarchical data in a Telerik RadGrid control with OpenAccess ORM.
- Data binding with OpenAccessLinqDataSource - illustrates all scenarios of using OpenAccessLinqDataSource ASP.NET control.
- Self-referencing with RadTreeView and OpenAccess - illustrates how to integrate a self-referencing model with RadTreeView.