How to use???

12 posts, 0 answers
  1. Stephan
    Stephan avatar
    33 posts

Posted 12 Jun 2012 Link to this post

I just downloaded the product, because i have an in house application with lost code.  I tried to drag-n-drop the EXE, MDB and even DLL's and they all say "is not currently supported".  I'm not sure what I am suppose to do to make this work.
  2. Kaloyan
    Admin
    Kaloyan avatar
    920 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

JustDecompile supports only a valid .dll/.exe/.winmd files by default. So this may be an issue with JD or your files are not valid in some way. Can we get a copy of one of your not working assembly so we can further investigate it. 

Regards,
    Kaloyan
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Stephan
    Stephan avatar
    33 posts

Posted 13 Jun 2012 Link to this post

Yes, I can send it, let me know where to upload. 
  5. Kaloyan
    Admin
    Kaloyan avatar
    920 posts

Posted 14 Jun 2012 Link to this post

Hi Stephan,

You can use the following mail: kaloyan.manev@telerik.com.

Kind regards,
    Kaloyan
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

6. Waqas
    Waqas avatar
    9 posts

Posted 27 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hi Kaloyan:

I am also facing the same problem. The JustDecompile is giving me the following error "JustDecompile supports only valid CLR assemblies. Not supported files(s)".

Can i use this address to send my dll ?

Thanks
    Waqas
  7. Vladi
    Admin
    Vladi avatar
    167 posts

Posted 29 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hi Waqas,

Yes, please use the same address and we'll answer you soon.

Kind regards,
    Vladi
    Telerik
    Tell us what you think about JustDecompile. Your opinion matters! You can use our forum, or our JustDecompile UserVoice website for feature requests.
  8. Richard
    Richard avatar
    17 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi!

I am also getting the same error.  I'll send the xap file your way.

Thanks!
    Rich
  9. Richard
    Richard avatar
    17 posts

Posted 01 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi, again,

I just noticed that this thread started in 2012. I'm sure we should know the issue by now. :-) 

Would it be possible to post the resolution here?

TIA!
  10. Kaloyan
    Admin
    Kaloyan avatar
    920 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

As previously described, JustDecompile can only read a valid .dll/.exe/.winmd. Also JustDecompile will look only for those types of files when there are any xap/zip/appx presented in the treeview. All other files will be ignored from JusDecompile and the following message will popup in those cases:
        "JustDecompile supports only valid CLR assemblies. Not supported files(s)".

Regards,
    Kaloyan
    Telerik
    Tell us what you think about JustDecompile. Your opinion matters! You can use our forum, or our JustDecompile UserVoice website for feature requests.
  11. Randy
    Randy avatar
    5 posts

Posted 15 Aug 2013 Link to this post

I developed my web site on my desktop PC and published it to the web server. Recently I had a hard drive failure on my desktop PC and lost the development code. I was hoping that JustDecompile would help me retrieve the lost code behind the screens, but I have not been able to get it to work. Is there some user documentation that would help or can you give me some guidence?

Randy
  12. Richard
    Richard avatar
    17 posts

Posted 15 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hi, Randy -

Try here to start: http://www.telerik.com/products/decompiler.aspx

Lot's of good info and even some extensions you might find useful.

Good luck with your code recovery!  Just Decompile is a good tool - it should help a lot.

HTH!
    Rich
  13. Vladi
    Admin
    Vladi avatar
    167 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hello everyone,

Richard, thank you for the help! You're absolutely correct.

Randy, besides the sources which Richard has sent you, I'd like to ask you two clarifying questions:

1. Can you clarify a bit more what you mean when you say that you haven't been able to get JustDecompile work? Any screencast or other media showing the issues will be also appreciated.

2. Is your website developed using .NET? I ask you this as JustDecompile decompiles and works only with .NET code.

Kind regards,
    Vladi
    Telerik
DevCraft banner