The roadmap for Q3 2014 of UI for ASP.NET AJAX is out, so I want to highlight the most important and interesting stuff being planned:
Responsive, Adaptive and Elastic controls
With Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX you can build applications that deliver tailored user experiences for any screen as shown in the Responsive Web Design app. The Q3 release will strengthen the mobile and responsive capabilities of the controls and introduce some of the features most anticipated by the community:
- Adaptive RadGrid: When accessed via a mobile device, RadGrid will deliver a user experience tailored to its screen size. By setting a single property (RenderMode to Mobile or Auto), you will enable new touch gestures, buttons and context menu view in the regular RadGrid control—all of them especially designed to use on tablets and smartphones that work on iOS and Android. See the screenshot below for more information:
- Responsive RadEditor: When accessed via a mobile device, the control will automatically change its appearance to better fit the device screen size.
- Elastic capabilities in DataPager, Filter, PanelBar, SiteMap, TabStrip, TreeList and others.
Line of Business Controls
- Data Form: A form layout control for presenting data. The control will enable you to edit, delete and insert records, as well as display the values of a single record from a data source using user-defined templates.
- TreeMap: The control will be based on and powered by the Kendo UI TreeMap widget. TreeMapping is a visualization for hierarchical data which uses nested rectangles. Each rectangle's size and color is related to the structure of the data, allowing you to more easily identify trends and patterns.
- Progress Bar: It will depict a graphical visualization of progress for operations such as a download, file transfer or level of completion of a form or installation.
- Wizard: Helpful in scenarios where large forms that collect user input have to be broken up to smaller steps. It will be adaptive, and features desktop and mobile rendering and capabilities.
- Diagrams and Gantt RTM: Both controls should become official in Q3.
Other interesting and useful stuff
- Built-in integration with the Telerik Document Processing Library
- New Sample application – the theme of the app will be trip advising, planning, and registration. It will have a cool responsive web design and will be built with some of the latest controls in the bundle: RadImageGallery, RadLightbox, RadMap, RadMediaPlayer, RadPageLayout and many other.
- TypeScript declarations for the UI for ASP.NET AJAX controls.
Why Your Feedback is Valuable.
As a customer driven company, your feedback plays a key role in planning the development direction of our controls and features. That’s why I’ll be glad to hear your thoughts and opinions about the roadmap. If you have any suggestions or feature requests, do not hesitate to share them in the Feedback portal, where they can be liked and prioritized by the community.
Thank you for your continuous support, wonderful ideas and constructive feedback!
Product Manager, Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX