The Data Grid view is one of the built-in views that are provided by the Builder for facilitating common use-case scenarios.
- Represents a Grid component with a title and top, middle, and bottom sections.
- Supports CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) data operations.
- Supports editing through the Incell, Inline, and Popup modes.
- Supports error handling.
- Allows you to set and edit its basic functionalities. For more information on the settings that are subject to modification, refer to the right-hand vertical toolbar (property grid) of the view.
Includes custom sections where you can add your own HTML. Each section is identified in the view design page by a placeholder which contains descriptive text.
- Custom top HTML section—Located in the area above Header Title.
- Custom middle HTML section—Located in the area below Header Title and above Grid.
- Custom bottom HTML section—Located in the area below Grid.
For Angular, the Builder generates these files in the
\app\src\app\modules\[module-name]\[view-name]\folder. For AngularJS, the Builder generates these files in the
\app\src\modules\[module-name]\[view-name]\folder. Add your custom HTML code to the generated files and use the Edit option on each custom HTML section to edit the corresponding file from within the Builder.
- Data Provider—Represents a drop-down with all the data providers that are added to the application.
Data Source—When you select a data provider, the data source drop-down is automatically populated with all data sources that are available for this provider.
Since the Data Grid view contains a Grid component, all properties of the Grid component are also available in the Data Grid view. For more information on specific Grid properties, refer to the article on the Grid component.