Kendo UI for Angular TextArea Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular TextArea provides highly customizable interface for displaying multi-line text.
You can integrate the component in forms or use it as a standalone item, and also customize its appearance by rendering elements such as buttons and icons.
The following example demonstrates the TextArea in action.
- Character counter—You can display a character counter for the TextArea to restrict the user input to a specified length.
- Adornments—The TextArea enables you to display custom items, such as buttons, icons, and more, as additional decorations for the component.
- Sizing—You can use the TextArea configuration options to specify its initial width and height, its directions for resizing or fixed size, and more.
- Forms support—You can use the TextArea both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Disabled TextArea—You can use the configuration options of the TextArea to disable the component so that users are not able to interact with it.
- Read-Only TextArea—The TextArea provides an option for overriding its default active state.
- TextArea directive—The TextArea component delivers the TextArea directive which provides options for styling and auto-resizing
- Debouncing value changes—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs enable you to implement a slight delay before they accept a new input value.
- Appearance—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs enable you to set their dimensions.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The TextArea is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.