This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Width issue

6 Answers 38 Views
Filter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jin asked on 22 Aug 2012, 05:29 AM
I found if I add some expressions and don't specify the width, it will have some break such as attached image. The key point is that I don't know what's width is good to set because I don't know how many expression will be added by customer. 

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2012, 05:11 PM
Hi,

You can handle a server side event of the RadFilter control (e.g. OnFieldEditorCreated) and then when a new expression is added access the field editor (in this case the textbox) and set its proper width.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Jin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Aug 2012, 12:34 AM
I don't think it's a good solution. The RadFilter have a fixed with. When add more expressions, if the whole width exceed than the fixed width, some control will be break as my attached image. Even if handle it in server side as your description, how do you know what's width is proper. Is there a way to set some css to let the fixed with can be auto increase.
Jin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Aug 2012, 12:55 AM
I don't think it's a good solution. The RadFilter have a fixed with. When add more expressions, if the whole width exceed than the fixed width, some control will be break as my attached image. Even if handle it in server side as your description, how do you know what's width is proper. Is there a way to set some css to let the fixed with can be auto increase.
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2012, 07:10 AM
Hello,

Have you enabled scrolling on the window? I think the width of the filter is limited by the widow's dimensions. If it has scrolling the filter should extend as much as it is needed and not break the layout.

Regards,
Marin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Jin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2012, 08:46 AM
Hi,

The pop up RadWindow can enabled scrolling. But the RadFilter will not expand his width and will have a break.
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2012, 10:17 AM
Hello,

If all the parent containers that hold the filter are set to expand to 100% width and the window is wide enough or has scrolling then the RadFilter should not be limited on its width. Make sure that the above requirement is accomplished and if the problem persists please share the markup declaration of the content of the window so we can check it on our side.

All the best,
Marin
the Telerik team
Tags
Filter
Asked by
Jin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin
Telerik team
Jin
Top achievements
Rank 1