This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Where to start ?

3 Answers 100 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
suk
Top achievements
Rank 1
suk asked on 07 Mar 2008, 06:07 PM
Dear All,
             I am very new to telerik tool. I wanna design my windows form to have the apple like look and feel. So where am I suppose to start ? I want my windows form to have a silver gradient color. Please help me start very much lost. Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2008, 06:03 PM
Hi suk,

If you want to customize your form, you should use the ShapedForm class. We have a knowledge base article covering this topic: Implementing a chrome window . Currently, the ShapedForm class does not provide you with the functionality that will allow you to set a gradient color as a backcolor.

However, you still can achieve the desired results by using RadPanel:
  1. Drag a RadPanel from the Toolbox to your Form.
  2. Set its Dock property to Fill.
  3. Click RadPanel's Smart Tag and choose Edit UI Elements from the menu.
  4. Navigate to FillPrimitive in the Control element structure tree and set BackColor, BackColor2 and BackColor3 to the various nuances of grey.

Note that if there are other controls on the Form, they should be children to the RadPanel, but not to the Form itself. This way they will stay on top and will not hide once you set the colors to the RadPanel.

In general, the appearance of RadControls for WinForms is governed by themes. For more information about creating and using themes, please refer to the following videos:

We are currently working on a new Aqua theme which quite resembles the Apple MacOS GUI look and feel. It will be introduced in one of our future releases.

If you need additional assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
suk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2008, 07:33 AM
Dear Admin,
                    Thanks for all your guide I will go through your steps. Anyway when will be the realise of the aqua base will be in the market ? Thanks.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2008, 02:43 PM
Hello,

We are planning to include the Aqua theme for Q1 2008 release.

If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
suk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay