This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Vertical Column Headers

3 Answers 123 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Timothy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Timothy asked on 29 Oct 2010, 05:12 PM
I have a requirement to display Column Headers vertically in my RadGridView. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Requirements:

Column one header needs to be horizontal while the rest of the columns need to be vertical. I actually had this working the other day but I accidently deleted the project. I know it was an issue with layoutTransform not being available but there was a workaround and like I said I had it working the other day.

Thanks,
Tim

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Timothy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Nov 2010, 10:03 AM
I finally got this working.

Here is what I did to get vertical columns. I did this for each column and it work great. Found the code on this forum somewhere but I cannot find the link. Apologies for that but here it is,

<telerik:GridViewCheckBoxColumn.Header>
                        <Border Height="170" Margin="1,0,-151,0" >
                            <TextBlock  Text="Pre Migration Tasks" HorizontalAlignment="Left"  FontSize="11" FontWeight="Normal" Height="auto" TextAlignment="Center"  VerticalAlignment="Bottom" FontFamily="Portable User Interface" UseLayoutRounding="True" TextTrimming="None" Margin="9,0,0,0"
                            <TextBlock.RenderTransform
                                <RotateTransform Angle="270" /> 
                            </TextBlock.RenderTransform>
                            </TextBlock>
                        </Border>
                    </telerik:GridViewCheckBoxColumn.Header>
                </telerik:GridViewCheckBoxColumn>
Jerry Kurata
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2011, 11:46 PM
How did you deal with column headers where the text was longer than the height?  It appears the text will not wrap in these situations. 
Goraksh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2013, 02:02 PM
Hello,
          If u could please send me the Detail code of how to implement vertical column headers, I would be very thankful to you. I am trying to implement the same solution but getting some exception. Waiting for your positive reply.

Thanks,
Goraksh

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Timothy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Timothy
Top achievements
Rank 1