This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Version Issue

1 Answer 51 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alapan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alapan asked on 14 Sep 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Team,

I have started using Telrik Scheduleview by installing sample application. The version of that Telerik DLLs was : 2011.1.526.1040
But When I becam registered user I downloaded and isntalled RadSilverlight Controls and found that the version of that Telerik DLLs is : 2011.1.419.1040
I was using "2011.1.526.1040" till now as I haven't faced any issue, but when I tried to apply themeing, I copied the themeing Dlls from installed folder and the DLL's version was "2011.1.419.1040". It started giving me conflict error. So when I tried to remove all the old (2011.1.526.1040) DLLS with the istalled one (2011.1.419.1040),  my code started breaking. Followin is the piece of code :
if (RadView.SelectedAppointment == null)
                newBooking.CopyFrom(e.Appointment);
            else
            {
                var temp = ((Booking)RadView.SelectedAppointment);
                newBooking.CopyFrom(temp);
                ViewModel.BL.BookingValidator.CopyFrom(temp, newBooking);
                newBooking.CreatedBy = model.CurrentUser;
                newBooking.CreatedOn = DateTime.Now;
            }
So, after changing the version from 2011.1.526.1040  to  2011.1.419.1040, following are the impacts I got on my code:
1) RadView.SelectedAppointment is always getting populated even when I am not selecting any event. Earlier it was working fine i.e. whenever I tried to copy paste an appointment then only it was getting populated as I had selected an appointment to copy.
2)  ((Booking)RadView.SelectedAppointment) -- Unable to cast error. As I had inherited the Booking fromTelerik.Window.Control.ScheduleView.Appointment, I should able to cast it. But now after changing the version it is throwing unable to cast error.

Team, Please suggest what to do at this situation as my code started breaking and its very urgent for me to solve. Might be it is due to lowgradation of versions.
Also I searched in Telerik website in the release section there is no version like "2011.1.526.1040", if it is so, then how that application which I downloaded for the first time was using this version no.

Please clarify my questions and provide me a solution so that I can use it to get rid of this problem as soon as possible and also in future I dont need to worry too much about the upgradation of the version of ScheduleView

Waiting for quick and positive reply !!!

Thanks
Alapan Sur

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Alapan,

Since you are already licensed user, you can download the version 2011.1.526.1040 and use it. This is a latest internal build, so you won't be able to find it in the download section, because only the latest one is available for download. As it is later version than the 2011.1.419.1040 changes are very likely which include bug fixes and improvements and that is why the code breaks. I can suggest you even to use the latest available version - 2011.2.712 which is the Q2 2011 release and try to update to the latest version as often as possible.
Is there a particular reason that stops you from using one of the later version of the controls?

All the best,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Alapan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantina
Telerik team
Share this question
or