This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Toolbar width

10 Answers 302 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mona
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mona asked on 02 Oct 2008, 07:39 PM
hi
I want to make toolbar width fill the screen width, although I set width to be 100% it dosen't fill the width of page .how can I solve this problem ?
Regards ;

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Serrin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Oct 2008, 08:49 PM
Hi Mona,

For this, you would need to set the style tag to the width you would like, the regular Width property doesn't cut it.  You can modify it as follows:

<telerik:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBar1" runat="server" style="width:100%"  Skin="Hay">  
<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
    <Items> 
        <telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" Text="Button 0">  
        </telerik:RadToolBarButton> 
        <telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" Text="Button 1">  
        <telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" Text="Button 2">  
    </Items> 
</telerik:RadToolBar> 

Let me know if that helps. :)
Mona
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Oct 2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Serrin
yes it works graet now thanks for your help :)
Craig
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2008, 01:16 AM
How can I get the toolbar to automatically size to the number of buttons that are visible?  Right now it seems to have a maximum width of 460px if I don't override it in a style attribute.  If the size is less than 460px then it shrinks but if it's more the buttons on the right hand side are just cut off.

The toolbar needs to show/hide buttons based on the page context, so I can't set a fixed width or use 100%.
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2008, 07:40 AM
Hi Craig,

I couldn't replicate this issue at our side, please send us a sample project illustrating the problem, so that we can test it locally.You should open a support ticket to be able to attach files. Thanks

Best wishes,
Yana
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Saurabh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 07:05 AM
Hi...
Is there any way so that i can get Rad Toolbar Horizontal scroll? Right now It is fixed. Or can i break my rad toolbar in multilines like Tabs? I have more than 20 rad buttons in my rad toolbar.

I need urgent help..

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Saurabh Saxena
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 08:29 AM
Hi Saurabh,

RadToolbar does not support scrolling neither does multiline buttons. Only RadTabStrip supports scrolling and multiline tabs.

All the best,
Albert
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Saurabh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Albert,
Thanx for the quick reply..

My requirement is ,

On my page I want only one toolbar with 20+ toolbuttons,

Could you please tell me, how can I justify my all 20+ toolbuttons in one toolbar?

Regards
Saurabh
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 11:54 AM
Hello Saurabh,

Perhaps you can wrap the toolbar inside a scrollable Panel control. Set the width of the Panel to 100% and enable scrolling:
<asp:Panel ScrollBars="Auto" Width="100%"></asp:Panel>

I hope this helps,
Albert
the Telerik team

Saurabh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 12:04 PM
Hi Albert,

It is not working.. the problem is same.... any other suggestion????????
It's Urgent Albert......

Regards
Saurabh
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 12:55 PM
Hello Saurabh,

I tested this
            <asp:Panel Width="100%" ScrollBars="Horizontal" runat="Server" >
                <telerik:radtoolbar id="RadToolBar1" runat="server">
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Button"></telerik:RadToolBarButton>
                    </Items>
                </telerik:RadToolBar>
            </asp:Panel>
and I achieved the following result (check the screenshot).

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Mona
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Serrin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mona
Top achievements