This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

the problem of chinese punctuation

7 Answers 208 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
zou
Top achievements
Rank 1
zou asked on 23 May 2018, 07:10 AM

In RadRichTextBox, if I input the chinese punctuation , for example “,”, it just shows as a space
but if I copy the chinese punctuation from other place ,then paste it,  it shows the correct punctuation 
see the attached file.

besides ,if i input \ then input chinese punction, the program interrupted and exit.

so, how to solve these problems?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boby
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2018, 07:05 AM
Hi zou,

I was not able to exactly reproduce the mentioned problems.

For the first problem, here is what I tried: 

- Open RadRichTextBox, choose Chinese (Simplified) using Microsoft Pinyin with default settings
- Type ",", which is inserted as full-width comma (',')
- The issue I can notice here is that the comma is inserted twice (which is still an issue, but a different one)

Still, the comma is visible in the UI.

For the second problem, I guess it's again related to a recently reported issue, which we suppose is caused by a Windows update which broke our behavior (this is still not confirmed though): 
RichTextBox: FatalExecutionEngineError exception is thrown when using Microsoft Pinyin IME

Could you send us specific steps that we can use to reproduce both problems locally? Could you reproduce them in a simple application, containing only RadRichTextBox, or in our demos (you can install from Windows Store if you are using Windows 10, or ClickOnce version otherwise). Maybe the issue is reproducible only in specific documents - if this is the case, could you please send us one for investigation? Also could you specify which version of Windows you are using?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Boby
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
zou
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2018, 08:33 AM

Hi Boby,

I just created a telerik C# WPF application with word-inspired,and changed nothing。

I did using Windows 10, the problems occurred in both VS2015 and VS2017

zou
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2018, 08:40 AM

Hi Boby,

I just created a telerik C# WPF application with word-inspired,and changed nothing。

I did using Windows 10, the problems occurred in both VS2015 and VS2017

zou
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2018, 09:25 AM

Hi Biby:

Additional remarks: (chinese punctation)

When I use Sogou pinyin,  the comma  showed as a space, whatever entered next;

but when I change to Microsoft Pinyin,first input a comma,  it shows as a space,then press the “Enter” , the comma  shows correctly,but the cursor already move to the next line

Boby
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jun 2018, 11:23 AM
Hello zou,

The only officially supported IME is currently Microsoft Pinyin. Here you can find the public item in our feedback portal describing the feature request:
RichTextBox: Implement out of the box support for Sogou Pinyin

You can subscribe and vote to increase the priority. As a workaround, you can implement your own caret, as described in the item's description.

About the problem with typing comma in Microsoft Pinyin, we are still not able to reproduce it on our test machines, and I am not sure what could be causing the difference. On our side, the comma is successfully inserted and visible on the first keystroke.

I guess that the problematic difference is in the machine setup. Do you have some suggestions, e.g. current culture, the fact that Sogou is installed or not, maybe some settings on the Microsoft Pinyin input? You could also may be able to debug this further on your machine by creating custom Caret class (as described in the item) and there observe how text input events are occurring at your side.

Regards,
Boby
Progress Telerik
Want to extend the target reach of your WPF applications, leveraging iOS, Android, and UWP? Try UI for Xamarin, a suite of polished and feature-rich components for the Xamarin framework, which allow you to write beautiful native mobile apps using a single shared C# codebase.
zou
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2018, 08:22 AM

Thanks !    I will try !

there is another question for RadRichTextBox:

When I copy Chinese characters from a word file ,to RadRichTextBox,  they show messy codes.

for example: 

data from word:"软件源代码版本管理与发布",

data in the  RadRichTextBox: "??鼬??玷玷???哙?徕耱????眍媚沅鼬"

Accepted
Boby
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2018, 12:51 PM
Hi zou,

I was not able to reproduce this as well. What I did:
- Copy the text you posted here: "软件源代码版本管理与发布" and pasted it in MS Word.
- Copy the same text from MS Word and paste in RadRichTextBox's Telerik Editor demo in the Windows Store examples.

After performing these steps, the text is pasted as expected and is exactly the same as the original. Could you try to reproduce the issue in the Windows Store or ClickOnce demos and let us know of the result? If you  mange to reproduce the issue, could you send us the MS Word document you are copying from? Also, can you ensure that a reference to Telerik.Windows.Document.FormatProviders.Rtf.dll is added in your real project?

Regards,
Boby
Progress Telerik
Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
zou
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boby
Telerik team
zou
Top achievements
Rank 1