This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Testing

2 Answers 62 Views
Planning and Scheduling
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Daniel Plomp
Top achievements
Rank 2
Daniel Plomp asked on 05 Aug 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi,

Currently I'm testing out TeamPulse. I work with TargetProcess for my SCRUM projects.

What I don't see inside TeamPulse is the ability to set the status of a UserStory to 'Testing' or 'In Testing'.
In some video's on Telerik TV I see sample data in which 'Testing' is added as an iteration.

What would be the best practice for this? When you want to let someone else 'test' your work, you'll have to wait until the 'Testing' iteration is planned? That is not right for scrumming, I think?

What would be the way? How does Telerik e.g. does this?

Regards,
Daniel

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Ryan
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2010, 02:44 PM
Hello D. Plomp (RedMatters),

In the 'EMC Scrum 2008' template, Stories do not have a testing status (state), but Tasks have a 'Ready For Test' status. The 'EMC Scrum 2010' and 'Scrum' templates do not have any testing related states. Our 'TeamPulse' template has 'Ready For Test' status on Stories (but not for Tasks).

None of the templates seem to have a 'Testing' or 'In Testing' status.

One other thing to keep in mind is that not all the statuses are shown in the status drop down all the time. They respect workflow rules. This mean you may need to change a Story to 'In Progress' before you have the option to change it to 'Ready For Test'.

One way you can track testing is by adding a Testing Task to all of your Stories.

In the Telerik TV video you saw where there was a Testing iteration, its likely because for that iteration the whole team would be doing testing. This is something that could be done once a month or before major releases, for example.

Does this answer your question?

Sincerely yours,
Ryan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Daniel Plomp
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 Aug 2010, 02:48 PM
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, that answers the question. I didn't realize that there would be an actually flow already inside V1! :)
So, then I think the 'Teampulse' template covers it all for now.

Best regards,
Daniel
Tags
Planning and Scheduling
Asked by
Daniel Plomp
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Ryan
Telerik team
Daniel Plomp