This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Reporting issue

5 Answers 80 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dimitris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dimitris asked on 23 Feb 2017, 09:24 AM

I have a procedure pr.test which has 3 parameters @id @date_from @date_to. This procedure is set as datasource to a report.Report's parameter id is set as multivalue and in preview i saw my values perfectly ,but with now functionality because i have forgotten to connect them with procedure parameters.When finally i connected them i lost multivalues that i had before. I have the dropdown box but with no values.Please help.I've tried with no luck to setup the datasourse firstly and then to  make new parameters but nothing different happened . i have the drop down box but with no values.I ve attached you a screenshots with parameters settings.

ps if i set pamameter as a single textbox and write the id works perfectly but my point is to have as a display value a name(it field in my procedure) and as a value my id(it is also field in db)

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2017, 02:59 PM
Hi Dimitris,

Please check if the DataSource component used by the report parameter has a parameterized SQL query. If the SQL query expects external values, you will have to map the SQL parameters to report parameters, and as a result to control one parameters' values through another parameter - How to: Cascading Parameters with applied filtering on data source level.

Then to use the multivalue parameter to filter data, please check How to use MultiValue Report Parameter in a SQL query.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Dimitris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Feb 2017, 03:12 PM
As i've told the problem happens when i map procedure parameters with reports parameter...if i understand that is what you tell me to do...my procedure wait three parameters that are mappef with reports parameter!and then i configure the one parameter to be masked! for example procedure waits id!id has values 1,2,3 etc!the problem i have is when i am trying to bind values e.g value id=1 display value=italy nothing happens! the result is an empty box!
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2017, 05:06 PM
Hi Dimitris,

Please serialize the report in XML and post the XML here. Include also the create statement of the stored procedure.
This will let us create a local test.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Dimitris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2017, 06:47 AM
I a attaching new some screenshot. I've attached datasource without parameters and i configured parameters in report and i have the same problem
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 02 Mar 2017, 04:49 PM
Hello Dimitris,

We will need the report definition in order to investigate further. We need to check if the data-retrieval methods used by report parameters expect input and if they depend on other report parameters (like in the Filters collection of hotel_id .
Please post the XML produced after serializing the report.

In addition, you can set initial value to each parameter like =First(Fields.hotel_id) or a value existing in the parameter's available values.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dimitris
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Dimitris
Top achievements
Rank 1