This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Strange behavior

1 Answer 58 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott Durrett
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott Durrett asked on 15 Oct 2010, 04:36 PM
I'm using the Upload control and it works as advertised, however, once the file is uploaded my form reloads.

Once when the form loads I check the database to see if I have a file.  If I do then I hide the upload control (panel) and display another panel that has a link to the uploaded file.  Included in this other panel is the option to delete the uploaded file.  The delete feature doesn't do anything with the actual file, it just blanks the database field then tells th form to show the upload control panel. 

After this happens the upload control is once again visible, however, doens't look or work correctly.  If I mouse over the text box, another textbox appears along with another button titled "browse". 

The only way I'm able to get the upload control to appear normal again is to click the Upload button again (which does nothing because there is no file selected).  I'm assuming this post back is fixing the look of the upload control. 

I've attached a screen shot of the upload control "after" is shown again on the form. 

Does anyone know how to correct this? 

FYI:  I have a .NET application with Master/Contenet pages and all of this is within an AJAX UpdatePanel. 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Scott Durrett,

This is a bug in the controls which we will fix for the upcoming Q3 release. Meanwhile, the workaround is to use RadStyleSheet manager and manually link the skins to the page. Here is example of how to do it:

<telerik:RadStyleSheetManager runat="server">
        <StyleSheets>
            <telerik:StyleSheetReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Upload.css" />
            <telerik:StyleSheetReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Skins./* the name of the skin that you use */.Upload./* the name of the skin that you use */.css" />
        </StyleSheets>
    </telerik:RadStyleSheetManager>

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Scott Durrett
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
Share this question
or