This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Special slots

4 Answers 152 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cécile
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cécile asked on 08 Jun 2018, 08:26 AM
In vue "Day", How to display area (SlotTemplate) over several hours with text inside, in background of scheduler.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jun 2018, 05:33 AM
Hello Ceclie,

You could span the slot on the Scheduler Day view over several hours by configuring its view.majorTickand view.minorTickCount:
views: [{
  type: "day",
  slotTemplate: kendo.template("<strong>#=kendo.toString(date)#</strong>"),
  majorTick: 120,
  minorTickCount: 1
}],

The above will display one slot spanning for each two hours in the Scheduler widget. It will also use the slotTemplate in order to display a text (date) as a background in each slot. Here you will find a small sample implementing the above.

If you need to implement the same for the Scheduler Vue wrapper, here is the way to go:
<kendo-scheduler :data-source="localDataSource"
         :date="date"
         :height="600"
         :timezone="'Etc/UTC'">
  <kendo-scheduler-view :type="'day'"
      :major-tick="120"
      :minor-tick-count="1"
      :slot-template="'<strong>#=kendo.toString(date)#</strong>'">
  </kendo-scheduler-view>
</kendo-scheduler>

I hope, that the above helps you. In case you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Cécile
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2018, 07:15 AM

Hi,

Thanks for answer.

In fact, I am trying to create zones containing multiple time slots in the same area, much like an event with a start and end date but apply to a slotTemplate.

I don't know if it's feasible?

Regards

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2018, 12:59 PM
Hello Cecile,

As far as I can understand, you need to create a special slot, which contains a number of, lets say "simple", slots. At the same time you need to maintain the smaller slots still present in the view.

If this is the case, I am afraid that the required could not be configured for the Scheduler. In case you think that such option would add value to the widget, I would suggest you to log your idea as a feature request on our Feedback portal. Based on the support it receives from the community, we will decide on whether to proceed with its implementation or not. 

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Cécile
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2018, 03:29 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer and your time.

That's exactly it, I would like to create special slots.

I just submitted this idea on your Feedback portal.

Regards

Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Cécile
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
Cécile
Top achievements