This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Skins not working

3 Answers 218 Views
SkinManager
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mick asked on 31 Oct 2013, 12:16 PM
Hi,

I have a simple radgrid project which all works fine from visual studio, my problem is when I publish it I lose the skin, i.e. the screen appears in text only. The skin DLL is in the bin folder so not sure whats gone wrong here. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Mick

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Venelin
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Mick,

I am not sure if I understand the problem correctly from the provided information, but there is a similar problem with RadGrid with template column and Visual Studio 2013. If this is the case please download the latest internal build from here where this problem is already fixed. Alternatively you can try to switch of the debug setting in your web.config.

Regards,
Venelin
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Mick
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Venelin,

Update has made no difference, I've attached screenshots of the problem.

Regards

Mick

Venelin
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2013, 12:35 PM
Hello Mick,

Thank you for elaborating and providing screenshots.

There are few different reasons why the skin is not applied. The two most common are:

1. the EnableEmbeddedSkin property is set to false and no custom skin is referenced in the Skin property.
2. The Skin property is set to an empty string (Skin="") which is not recommended.

Please verify if this is not the case and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Venelin
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
SkinManager
Asked by
Mick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Venelin
Telerik team
Mick
Top achievements
Rank 1