This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Showing Error while Display image in picturebox in standalone reports(trdp)

3 Answers 932 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
varahala babu
Top achievements
Rank 1
varahala babu asked on 07 Apr 2017, 08:44 AM
Hi,
   i am using standalone telerik report viewer so i am not using c#, everything with stored procedure and report viewer,trdp files.currently having a problem with picture box that was binding with stored procedure.it showing error like 
An error has occurred while processing PictureBox 'pictureBox1':
Invalid image data.
------------- InnerException -------------
Parameter is not valid.
please update the answer as soon as possible
Thank you,

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 11 Apr 2017, 02:48 PM
Hi varahala,

The error message points that the field used in the expression of the PictureBox.Value property does not return valid image data. Please check the Data binding section of the PictureBox article and the valid approaches for setting the PictureBox.Value property.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
varahala babu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Apr 2017, 05:09 AM

Hi Stef,

Thanks for reply. i am using Standalone reporting i.e *.trdp files. in my report binding the data with stored procedures so i am not using the c# for binding data. For loading the report i am using the javascript and html. i was set the picturebox1.value is =Fields.Logo but it shows invalid image data.

please help regarding this.

regards,

Varahalababu

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2017, 05:14 PM
Hello Varahalababu,

Please check how the image data is saved and verify it is a byte[]. If it is a Base64String, you will need a user function that converts the string into image data.

Details how to load user functions in the Standalone Report Designer can be found in Extending Report Designer.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
varahala babu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
varahala babu
Top achievements
Rank 1