This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

shapedform

5 Answers 376 Views
ShapedForm
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
justin coon
Top achievements
Rank 1
justin coon asked on 09 Mar 2007, 08:49 PM
i really wish you guys had more info on the shaped form.
how do i add one to my windows project?
i found it somewhere but cant find it again
please help

justin

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mike
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2007, 08:31 AM
Hi Justin,

Currently we ship a sample using shapes and ShapedForms in our Quick-Start application, which gets installed along with our controls suite. You can check out this example:  WinControls samples -> r.a.d.uielements -> Shaped Form -> First look. The example also offers full source code by using the tabs at the top. Alternatively, you can open the examples in VS2005 and get the source from there.

We have been discussing some features of ShapedForm and RadTitleBar in this forum thread:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-gmtgg.aspx. Feel free to share your feedback there.

In case you have further questions, please let us know and we will try to help. You can expect some documentation improvements for the next release.

Greetings,
Mike
the telerik team
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 13 Dec 2007, 09:20 PM
Hi I try you demo, but when I try to reproduce the shaped form sample I always got this error:

Error 4 Base class 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.ShapedForm' specified for class 'MyShapedForm' cannot be different from the base class 'System.Windows.Forms.Form' of one of its other partial types. C:\PROG\VB\Progest\Progest\Form2.vb 13 18 Progest

I use the new FW 3.5 final relaese. Meaby i got to wait for your next release for the Win Forms compiled with the FW 3.5?
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2007, 11:57 AM
Hi Pierre,

Thank you for writing.

A partial class is a class in which the declaration may be split across multiple files. Visual Basic uses partial-class definitions to separate generated code from user-authored code in separate source files. Every Form.vb file has a corresponding Form.Designer.vb file. In order to see these files you must select the "Show all files" option from the "Solution Explorer" sidebar when your project is selected.

You must remove the following code from your Form.Designer.vb file:

Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form 

I hope this information helps you. In case you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Sincerely yours,
Jack
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 17 Jan 2008, 09:45 PM
Hi, My shaped form work well now. If I try to bottom dock a radPanel I lost all the possibility to resize my form.

I try with the RadStatus bar, it work, but I can't change the height. I need a more height status bar.

thanks
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2008, 12:58 PM
Hello Pierre,

The shaped form can take any specified shape including a circle, triangle or any free form shape. Because of this, we decided to treat the entire space in the form as the client area. If you dock any control in the form, it takes the whole client area and hides the form borders.

You can solve this issue in two ways:
  1. Set non-zero Padding to the form
  2. Place a standard panel and anchor it. Place all other controls inside this panel.
The height of the RadStatusBar depends on the height of the elements inside. You can change this behavior by setting the MinSize of the RadStatusBar manually. 

Please refer to the code snippet below:

void Form_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)//form load event 
      this.radStatusStrip1.StatusBarElement.MinSize = new Size(0, 50);//new minimum size 

In case you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Kind regards,
Jack
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
ShapedForm
Asked by
justin coon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mike